Dogface Pufferfish

rebekwl

My husband and I are in the process of setting up a FOWLR, so I bought him a Dogface Pufferfish for V-day because he's wanted one for a LOOONG time. He's currently in our QT waiting for the FOWLR to get done. I am wondering what exaclty to feed him. I know they will eat snails, mussels, and other fresh seafood, but I'm not really sure what to give him on a daily basis. I also read that they eat at night, does ths mean to feed him after lights out? I put a silverside in there for him earlier and he wasn't the least bit interested. He just arrived today, so I think he's just getting used to his new surroundings. I'm also wondering if they will sharpen their teeth on the LR. All of the articles I've read say that you HAVE to feed them live food with shells so they can sharpen their teeth, but I have also heard that they will use the rock for this. One of the articles even said something about clipping their teeth, I don't think I wanna go there. I'm hoping someone can help with my questions, thanks!

rebekwl

Thanks guys. I've tryed to feed him Silversides and Krill so far and he's not interested. I just got him yeaterday, so I figure he's just getting used to things. When should I start to worry that he's not eating?