Dog behavior help

phantom2991

my dogs are crate trained. when my pit was fully trained and trust worry her crate stopped being closed. now she never ever gets locked in one and has free reign. however, the husky puppy who is only 8 weeks old will continue to sleep in his crate until such time.

carlfike

To each his own I guess. I'm country boy and crating a dog is like pouring out cold beer. You just don't do it.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
carlfike said:
To each his own I guess. I'm country boy and crating a dog is like pouring out cold beer. You just don't do it.

It's easier, cheaper and more humane than emergency veterinary surgery... :)

....Salt Changes Everything....

redneckgearhead

I would never crate a dog. I think it's cruel. I have a huge backyard with a pool. Much better than a crate. IMO if you don't have a big enough yard to have a dog don't buy one.

LOL as i said in my earlier post, jack russels (well any high energy dog) get bored really really quickly, even in a large back yard. I also have a large back yard and had a pool until I got tired of pouring money into it. I made certain my dog could not get near the pool. I couldn't live with myself if my dog had drowned because of my negligence. I couldnt imagine forcing my dog to stay outside in the hot/cold, wind, rain, snow, etc... THAT'S cruel.

phantom2991

i agree with you Scott. i live in the desert. my pit bull is black and my husky has an under coat like nobodies business. i believe if i left them outside all day animal control would be on my door step in a heartbeat.

Abdiel54

Has been struck by the ban stick
That's really point to burst into laugh but don't take it personally. Actually, dogs on created on bit rude nature.
I've one solution for that and it really seems to be effective. Engage your dog in some game after feeding him
a lot and feed it junk food if its not sensitive.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
That's really point to burst into laugh but don't take it personally. Actually, dogs on created on bit rude nature.
I've one solution for that and it really seems to be effective. Engage your dog in some game after feeding him
a lot and feed it junk food if its not sensitive.

He tried that but the dog only responds to poo now? oh well, good suggestion though Abdiel

phantom2991

just had to call animal control on my neighbor for leaving their husky outside for 2 weeks straight. out there with no food no water and no shelter in 110 degree weather. whats wrong with people?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
just had to call animal control on my neighbor for leaving their husky outside for 2 weeks straight. out there with no food no water and no shelter in 110 degree weather. whats wrong with people?

you know the answer but the solution has long jail terms associated with it

phantom2991

should make the owners sleep outside in the sand with nothing to drink all day and all night and see if they like it.

phantom2991

update: the people came home, took animal controls notice off their door and the dog is still outside with nothing. :mad: