Does anyone have a coral and invert only tank

DJLiquid

My 14 Gal Biocube has gone for over 6 months without ich. Now it's back! Why should I bother qt after qt when all the time I'm having just a fallow running tank? It's extremely frustrating and takes away from the joy of it. Has anyone else felt this way and decided not to keep fish anymore?

chipmunkofdoom2

My 14 Gal Biocube has gone for over 6 months without ich. Now it's back! Why should I bother qt after qt when all the time I'm having just a fallow running tank? It's extremely frustrating and takes away from the joy of it. Has anyone else felt this way and decided not to keep fish anymore?
I have also grown weary of fishkeeping. While coral keeping isn't easier per say, it presents it's own set of challenges and I feel like I want to try that out for a while.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have to agree that in some respects I'm VERY tempted to run a Coral only tank. Well in fact 2 of my 3 tanks only have (1) fish each.

peasofme

i lost my tank to ich and ran what you're talking about. much later i added a bicolor blenny from a reputable source as my only fish. many months later he ate my hermits molted exoskeleton and died. now i'm getting back into fish. i have a small ocellaris and a small eyelash blenny. both were eating pellets at the store before i got them. both are doing very well. i'm planning on adding more one at a time after quarantine.

sjsoto

thats what so fun about fish keeping, the challenge it self, if it was easy then you would loose interest as well.... imo

Rhodes19

Check your water conditions. Are they out of wack? Usually if the fish is healthy, it can fight off ich. When they become stressed, that is when ich usually comes out and causes problems. I had that problem in my BC 14 and learned the hard way. :(

I've only had ich in my tank once and only on my Clownfish. I ended up just doing water changes and meds. Small ordeal to me, but I have thought about a coral only tank and remembered, fish are cheaper. :D

bllfish

If the ich has no host, they die. Can you move all of the fish to quarantine? The ich should die and when you replace your fish you should not have the ich problem again, if water parameters are good, fish are not stressed. This should not be an ongoing problem.

i only have one fish in my tank. i seemed to get ich all the time and fish die on me. but a couple of fish ago he got ich but survived. then i switched fish and this fish as been in there for about a month. his color isn't looking as bright. but he hasn't got ich. so i think he'll brighten up in the next month.

I think with this hobby, you have problems that you will conquer. they might be a struggle at first but with your passion you will figure it out and fix it. It's not an easy hobby but that's what makes it all the more rewarding.

Man i guess im lucky in all my years of fish keeping never had ich :D. I probably just jinxed myself. I have never used a QT tank either.