Do you put it back

What do you do with the salt accumulations on your system

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

I think every who as a sw system has it ! salt accumulation on some parts of their system, pipes, skimmer , around the sump what ever. What do you do with it , wipe it clean or put it back in the system, in the display tank what!!!:faces:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It needs to be discarded and not placed in the system. It doesn't re-dissolve into solution and if it lands on corals or anything living it will burn it. I lost a beautiful Toadstool in my 10g because some feel onto it I can didn't see it for a few hours. I did try to clean it off but apparently it was already "Burned".

Basile

Ok thanks buddy for the info, i'll be doing that from now on. :wave:

i got to find myself a cute little critter like that he's too cool to be alone , cheers!

michael_cb_125

I know that nobody will believe me, but in the Elos system, I do not get salt creep. I do in my other tanks, but in the elos, None!

~Michael

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Take salt water, dry it, and then reconstitute it with water, and it doesn't have the same chemical composition as when it started. Sea water is very ionic in nature and goes through some chemical changes as it drys.

It takes some doing to get a salt mix to dissolve to the correct end product. Think of it as a two part calcium supplement, only with way more than two parts.

LPS_Blasto

Wipe & vacuum it off the floor

Avoid dropping it into the tank at all cost. If it drops in and lands on a coral, blow it off with a turkey baster or suck it out with the gravel vacuum right away.

I burned a mushroom and caused it to split.