Do micro bubbles from a protein skimmer annoy anemones and corals???

hey guys,
I did a water change yesterday and my skimmer is filling the tank with micro bubbles (this happens sometimes when the water level changes) but my anemones are looking wierd like there deflated so are my corals like is this normal? it takes like a day or so to lower the bubbles but is this like harming the anemones and if so can it kill them?

DaveK

It's much more likely that the water change caused this, rather than the micro bubbles. Even if you match SG and temp, you can sometimes see corals and anemones deflate. Give them a day or two and they should be back to normal.

Micro bubbles are unsightly, but don't usually cause any problems.

i no thats why im alittle confused because my anemones usaly do this after the wc but im just worried the micro bubbles will hurt them or annoy them.

have they bleached out from it ? but when I mean the micro bubbles are everywhere i really mean everywhere. its liek the water is cloudy with micro bubbles

malau

Hi, I was going to create a similar thread.. hope I dont hijack this thread.. I saw a thread somewhere else it said the micro/fine bubble may harm the invertebrates and corals.. however thats the only thread I've read say so..

Talking about the skimmer are there anyways to reduce/eliminate the microbubbles which leaks to the main tank?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
In the ocean were wave action meets shallow water reefs, I have observed many "microbubbles" that are present for days on end (while the surf is up) diving... I would not think they hurt anything & are more an annoyance to reef keepers... but don't harm our corals or fish.

malau

Thanks... the reason why I think is harm because I saw some bubbles got trapped in the corals like underneath of the acro

I had some macro bubble issues, My skimmer where the water came out was right by my return pump. I moved the skimmer to make it further away from the return pump and the bubbles stopped