DIY Fuge

Does anyone remember or have the link for the DIY fuge that was made from an Aquaclear 70? I think it was originally posted on another site but the link was posted hear. I thought I saved it but can't find it. I'm planning to transform mine and would like to find that post.

Snelly40

mempho, i recently made one as well, so if u have any questions let me know and i'll try to andwer them.
Also, my yellow gorg looks great, i picked the little brown spots off and moved him to a higher flow area and have been target feeding cyclopeeze and all of a sudden i have polyps everywhere. thanks again for the tips

It really is a great idea Woody. I don't have room for a sump/fuge in my cabinet because of the design and I want to keep some macro algae to filter trates and a safe zone for pods so this seems to be a great option for me. Unfortunately, Dr Foster Smith is out of the clip on Palm light until 8/15 so I'll have to wait a while for that but I'm still going to go ahead with constuction this weekend since I'm moving the tank to the new home next week.

I'm glad to hear that your gorg is doing well Jason. The increased flow area will be great for it and it also probably needed some time to adjust to your lights. You are doing MH aren't you? As for the construction project, I'll give you a shout this weekend if I run into any snags. Anything I need to know before I start? Did you have any problems along the way? The plan looks pretty simple and the step by step photos are a great help too.

Snelly40

it is really simple, and once you get started it gets easier cuz it starts to come together.
Yah i do have MH's, so thatmight have taken time and ive got my nitrates way down now too, always good

Great thread MarbleShark.:) Unfortuantely, I don't have room for it. I have a corner tank with a not so sump friendly stand. I had plans to convert a 20g into a sump/fuge but there isn't enough room in the the storage compartment under the main tank. It's even too tight for a 10g. So, I thought about putting it on a separate stand off to the side....the wife nixed that idea due to limited space and the "negative impact it would have on the decore and fung shui" of the room:bugout: .....whatever that means. So, I'm going to try this. If it doesn't work well or I don't like it then no big deal and no money lost. When I upgrade to a larger tank I will have a much better system.:yup:

MarbleShark

lol sorry for some reason I could not pull up the links in the earlier post at work so I cut and pasted from a thread I knew it was from.. my bad.

I did it. Using the instructions from this link
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hreadid=601201

It was really easy and inexpensive. The Aguaclear 70 goes for 28.99 at Dr. Foster and Smith. I got the 13w palm light there to for 14.99. The plexiglass was 2.75 and the aquarium safe sealant was about 5 bucks. I also changed the impeller to one for an Aquaclear 20. It cost 9.95. I made the baffle area a bit wider than the one in the link. I now have room for filter bags with Phosban and charcoal. I filled the fuge side with rock rubble and macro algae. This was a great DIY project and is a prefect solution for smaller tanks with no room for a fuge/sump underneath. Here are some pix of the finished product.

Attachments

• Fuge 2.jpg
    Fuge 2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Fuge 5.jpg
    Fuge 5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 40
  • Fuge 6.jpg
    Fuge 6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Fuge 7.jpg
    Fuge 7.jpg