Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck on the treatment nano I really hope you can save the fish.

As you have seen the topic of MI can stir up a lot of debate. IMO there are only three methods that will eliminate the parasite on the fish.

Hypo
Copper
Transfer method.

Personally I assume any fish I buy is parasite exposed/infected and use the transfer method and some length of QT before adding to the tank. What I don't understand is why we as hobbyist continue to debate what the best treatment is. In this hobby there is one source of parasite infection and that is the LFS.

What I would have done (and have done) would be to go ahead and tare up the tank to remove the fish. Put them in a bucket and drop them back at the LFS that sold me the parasites. I would not ask for store credit I would just give him the fish and let him know that the fish he guaranteed parasite free has cost me time, work and money and he will not be seeing me in his shop again.

Ok here is my guarantee; If all of us as hobbyist did this all of the sudden the LFS would find the time QT and or treat there fish for parasites prior to putting them up for sale and the parasite scourge that has plagued this hobby for 15 years that I personally know of would be over.

leebca

Thanks for this 'final comment.' I'm closing this thread. For updates (if any) please start a new thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.