Dipping SPS with Coral RX?

yankieman

DO you use Coral RX to dip SPS corals? I have heard good and bad but I would like to bring it up again for discussion ,,I have 7 SPS corals to dip and I have 3 kinds of dip to use I have Coral RX , I have REEF DIP by Seachem and I have ReVive coral cleaner from two little fishes what is every ones preference ?

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
You have to go real light concentration and short time when dipping sps. I've done it with success but I'm alway hesitant because it is fairly harsh stuff.

yankieman

Thanks JJ I havnt used it I usually just use ReVive for SPS but I needed to hear it from someone that handles alot of corals and im glad you chimed in,,

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I do half or less depending on what it is (like millies are super sensitive) then only 2-3 minutes. I also QT everything just in case so I can get away with cutting things sort when it comes to dips and watch it in QT to make sure it's clean.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Good info gents. Thanks for asking n telling. :D

..........reefing. not for the faint of heart.

yankieman

I defiantly QT everything ,, usually on corals a week or so for observation and fish min 4 weeks

yankieman

I do half or less depending on what it is (like millies are super sensitive) then only 2-3 minutes. I also QT everything just in case so I can get away with cutting things sort when it comes to dips and watch it in QT to make sure it's clean.

Thanks JJ thats exactly the info I was looking for

tommyboynj

I started using brightwells coral dip. They give very specific instructions on dip time in relation to coral type. The Duncan colony and zoa frags I first used it on it doing great.

yankieman

I started using brightwells coral dip. They give very specific instructions on dip time in relation to coral type. The Duncan colony and zoa frags I first used it on it doing great.

I basically use coral RX on anything besides SPS with good results ,, the SPS is my main concern ,, thanks for the info Tommy I will do some research on Brightwells coral dip