Digital aquatics Reef Keeper 2

I am thinking about getting a reef keeper 2. Does anyone have one? how is its preformance? How well do you like it? would you reccomend it? Any problems out of this unit? would you buy this again knowing what you know know? Thanks in advance....

Attachments

• RK2_UI.jpg
    RK2_UI.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 29

bluespotjawfish

I love mine, very easy to program! I use mine for my lights (MH, VHO, PC) and a few pumps. What do you intend to use it for? I ask because my new Neptune Jr does a much better job controlling the temp with my pump and fans (more complicated programming). I think the Neptune controllers also have more options related to how you can program the lights (seasonal changes, moon stuff).

mainly I am going to use the unit as a wave maker, timer for the MH and VHO lights, feeding cycle and to shut off the pumps when I am doing a water change and stuff like that. I was also thinking of using the unit as a PH controller for the calcium reactor.....

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have one on my QT/Hospital tank and like it a lot. It is very user friendly and can be set up in 10min.
As with any electrical device, make sure you keep the DC8 away from moisture and saltcreep that can migrate into the outlets.

bluespotjawfish

mainly I am going to use the unit as a wave maker, timer for the MH and VHO lights, feeding cycle and to shut off the pumps when I am doing a water change and stuff like that. I was also thinking of using the unit as a PH controller for the calcium reactor.....

Way more than I have tried to do with mine. I've used the multi timer for a single pump, timer for the MH and VHOs. I found the feeding cycle to be more trouble than it is worth, and same with shutting off the pumps. It can be done if you want to, but I have better ways to do it on my tank than through the controller (a use a heavy duty powerstrip with a on/off switch for the pumps that have to run all the time anyway, flip one switch for WCs or in case of flooding problem). Also, remember it only comes with 8 outlets.

bluespotjawfish

Oh, one thing, if you want to use it for the pH and calcium stuff, you might want to consider the Neptune that has the capability to provide a data log as well.