Different colored Eagle Eyed Zoanthids

Andrew Gehring

Hey all, back in the hobby after 10 year break. Here are my specs:

55 gallon
Current LED lights
all water parameters fine. PH is 8.1

I put my first piece of coral in the other day purchased online. Nice big piece. I have attached picture as it appears 1/2 is perfect and the other looks weird. Is this normal?

Attachments

• Zoanthids_edited.jpg
    Zoanthids_edited.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

DaveK

It's not at all unusual to see different colored zoas on the same rock. It's sometimes done intentionally by someone fragging them. I'd call it normal.

One note, it is hard to be completly sure though because the picture is under extreme blue light. Such lighting can make them seem to glow, but it hides a lot of detail.

Andrew Gehring

It's not at all unusual to see different colored zoas on the same rock. It's sometimes done intentionally by someone fragging them. I'd call it normal.

One note, it is hard to be completly sure though because the picture is under extreme blue light. Such lighting can make them seem to glow, but it hides a lot of detail.

Here is a photo with white light.

Attachments

• white light Zoa.jpg
    white light Zoa.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

Uncle99

Deifinately a mix but the right side appears closed, left side open.
It's new, so no concern, see where it is in a week or two.
When mixing colours, sometimes one colour seems to win out over, but this happens over a long period on time.

Considering the left side is wide open, the right should come along shortly.

In the pic below, when I got this Zoa, it was green and orange, now it is just green
image.jpeg

gunner24

thanks everyone. btw, both examples came from the bargain bin of Worldwide corals lol. Perks of being a local lol. theres a few examples i found including Kaleidoscope zoas, which appear to be a really crazy morph!