DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:camera: Here's one more ;)
c10e5020d43196e3ee19da311b9a9255_zps6c6e161e.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hope everyone is doing great with their tanks!
It's been a few days since I checked in @RS so I have some catching up to do.
Everything in my tank is GROWING HUGE...
Here's a picture just after the all my fish disappeared into their nighttime places this evening:
448840cf744ecc043193594e1f8e5eea_zpsee8b2584.jpg

Not a FTS but the yellow leather looked so fuzzy that I couldn't resist
Taking a :camera:

Oxylebius

Looks like you are finely getting some growth on the M.Digitatas. It does seem to take them a couple months to settle into a new tank before they start growing.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Looks like you are finely getting some growth on the M.Digitatas. It does seem to take them a couple months to settle into a new tank before they start growing.
Sue, I'm very happy with their growth. :thumbup:
If you can, zoom in on the red digi closest to the yellow leather....it has reached upward and encrusted to the LR surface above where I placed it. Like it put two hands on each side of the hole in the LR and has attached to it.
I took a few pictures as it progressed....too COOL!! I L:heart:VE watching them grow :D

Thanks everyone for the super nice compliments :hug1:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Just a "share of my thoughts" update to my thread:
Really looking like I'm going to be forced into fragging corals before too much longer. There is not much much more spreading room for most of the LPS in my tank. I'm not into fragging...I am not looking forward to pruning back corals :(
Best news is: My bryopsis crop did NOT take over as I had feared it would.
I've actually stopped worrying about algae troubles :yehoo: Yes, I still have a few sprigs of mysterious kinds but I think the Chaetomorpha in my refugium takes a toll on other algaes ability to get out of my manual control.

I'm still not dosing anything & I've been super lazy with using my test kits. Everything looks good & is growing really faster than I want it to. A few fish (green chromis!) have really amazed me with their growth.
I did increased my WC routine to 10 gals weekly instead of every 10gal every 10 days.
One of these days pretty soon, I'm going to test my water LOL!! :yup:
That's all for now....Happy NOVEMBER to all my RS friends & your tanks! :thumbup:

Danreef

Nice to hear all is going OK. Well done with the briopsy battle !!!.

Looking pictures of your tank, you have a small number of SPS and LPS that use alk/Ca. (You can correct me if I am wrong on this counting). Doing almost a 20% of weekly WC (your 10 G, assuming you gave 50G of water after sand/rocks) will keep the levels of those elements OK. And that is what you are seeing.

So well done, relax and enjoy the tank !!!!!

Daniel
PS: Unfortunately the time will come you have to prune. You can pass those corals to friends, sell it or trade at the LFS for goodies (salt, food, etc). I do those things .... :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I'm not good at sharing videos but I made one this morning of my fish and how they love eating from the veggie clip. They weren't used to me standing there with my iPhone so they didn't act as aggressive with eating it as normally they do.
Anyway I captured a squabble that is cute between the Royal Gramma & one of the Green Chromis.
It's about 2:20 minutes into the video, so if you have time WATCH IT ;)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rTxzkriYk4s
If the video doesn't post, I'll try again MAYBE :rollingey
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rTxzkriYk4s[/video]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:cursin: I can't put the video on here :cursin: just the link...Frustrating cause I think I've done it before :mad:

[video=youtube;rTxzkriYk4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTxzkriYk4s&app=desktop[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Koestby

Wow, U got a really good looking tank, and your water is CRYSTAL CLEAR =) How ????

U added a Lifereef sump, what made U do it ? Keep Reefing :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Wow, U got a really good looking tank, and your water is CRYSTAL CLEAR =) How ????

U added a Lifereef sump, what made U do it ? Keep Reefing :)

Thanks Joey! :D Not much "news" from my tank these days because there's too much new growth from my corals that it far too crowded to add anything new. That is kinda good, but not real exciting for getting to brag on "new stuff" :yup: Just normal boreing tank maintenance these days. :smirk:

Koestby, I added my LifeReef sump/Fuge for several reason:
Mostly I wanted as BIG a place as I could get for growing Cheatomophoria Macro Algae & Pods.
The added water volume & a place to put Chemipure "inline" with water flowing from my LifeReef Skimmer is a good thing. HOWEVER, I'm not near as impressed with the LifeReef Skimmer as I thought I would be :(
The new skimmer has never produced as dark colored thick SKIMMATE as the stock RSM 250 skimmer did.
Just not sure if it's because it doesn't need to or what, but my tank is doing good so I will continue on with it fir the time being.

Want to wish everyone a
MERRY CHRISTMAS & a
Very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!!:clink:

:clink: :hug1: :wave: