DianaKay's RSM 250

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Remember all chillers have a recommended flow rate and you should match your pump to meet the flow requirements of the chiller.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
After putting the 2nd MP10 install off for 2 months (that's how long it been sitting on my counter!)
It only took 5 minutes (including finding a screwdriver) to install the card to make the "W" light up on my old MP10
:woohoo: UPGRADE was SUPER EASY
Now, I have to figure out how to make them talk in anti-sync mode :ponder2:
image_zps476bb4dd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Maybe being :snow: snowed in for two days is paying off :snow:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Remember all chillers have a recommended flow rate and you should match your pump to meet the flow requirements of the chiller.

Just leave it to Greg to go reading the fine print :LOL:
I'm clueless what flow rate my chiller recommends....I just fly by the seat of my pants :yup:
So far, it's working. I must be lucky. Hope this MP10W runs on luck ;)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Download the full MP10 manual from their website, it has instructions on setting one to master and the other to slave.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Download the full MP10 manual from their website, it has instructions on setting one to master and the other to slave.
Thanks Greg! Geezzz, only TWELVE PAGES of fine print :bugout:
Now, I don't feel bad about procrastinating this for 2 months.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
It's pretty easy, set one to master the other to slave. Then set the mode you want.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Good to hear you're getting through it all okay Di :)
Finally got the MP10 setup too :p Being snowed in sounds like it might have definitely helped with that :D

Paul B

Diana, here is my chiller. As for the model number, you would have to make that up as it used to be a wet dry filter and in the future it will probably be a vacuum cleaner or toaster oven. I don't use it any more except sometimes for my worms as I have LEDs on my tank so my fish don't get warm.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Paul B, that looks COOL! Kinda like one of those bubblegum machines that the coin has to go round & round before the gumball drops out. You are very creative & I'm seriously wondering how many vacuum cleaners & toaster ovens you've made so far. :yup:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
It's been a FUN DAY...3rd day of being iced in. Glad I got my 2nd MP10 installed because it made my tank so much more interesting to watch :geekin:
It's good to know that the flow behind my rock-scape is equal to that in front now.
Been having a few brown diatoms on the sand bed. I think it's from new tank additions (new ceramic shell & added a little more sand in a couple of places) Hope it gets all cleared out with the extra flow going on. :fingerx:

The fish have been swimming more energetically. My Royal Gramma had a hard time being it's lazy stay-in-the-same spot self today :yup: Got a little more exercise today :snowski:
My UPS order has be stuck in transit in Oklahoma City due to bad road conditions. Glad it wasn't LIVE freight....Should be here Tuesday if the roads are de-iced better by then.
Then I will have a little more gentle water-flow in my refugium. Looking forward to that.
Thanks for reading my thread & letting me ramble about my NEW STUFF ;)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Picture taken today & if you look VERY CLOSE you can find all 8 of my fish peeking out :yup:
image_zps53845fc4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Choff

Didn't even notice the shelves, couldn't see past the scolys! Love the acans to.

Edit: forgot to add glad you didn't lose powe. We got nailed this morning with an ice storm.

...stupid auto correct

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thank for the compliments :D
Full tank shots with my iPad camera just do not show the colors or details of my tank.
My rocks look like a solid wall in my FTS photos. There's a lot of detail about my scape that I like.
I have caves...
image_zps9a724962.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I have lots swim-throughs...
image_zps5b6d36b7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And over-hangs...
image_zpsdedaa670.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
All details that don't show up in my FTS :)