DI for a RO unit

Adrienne

I have a dupla marin 190 RO unit - no DI which I was sold during my tank setting up and was told no DI was necessary. My water is coming out of the RO at 3ppm on my TDS meter.

Not being at all technically minded but having had a search on the internet I believe it is possible to purchase a DI unit with a meter before and after to test the TDS. Is this correct and if so does anyone recommend something that would link to my current RO and suit my requirements? Thanks

DaveK

You can use almost any DI add on kit available. They are fairly generic. There area also inline TDS meters available. You souldn't have too much trouble finding them.

I did a similar thing to my RO unit.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah super easy to add a DI unit. Just pick one up and connect your current good water output line to it and that's all you need, it'll run through the DI and out again.

You want you tds at 0. Www.bulkreefsupply.com has good add ons

sirrealism

+1 for the BRS upgrade. Super simple to do and it makes all the difference. BRS also has the dual TDS meter which is also pretty cheap and does a great job

Adrienne

Thanks everyone.

Single or dual DI unit and how often does one need to replace the cartridges?

sirrealism

Single or double does not matter. As soon as your water is over 0tds its time to change your DI. I run double and when my TDS is anything but 0 I then switch my DI cartridges. So here is an example of what I do. So when I have 1 TDS I take my first DI cartridge out. put my second cartridge where my first one was. The replace the first cartridge and put that in the second position. I hope that makes sense.

mikecc

If you going BRS, they got several helpful and informative videos on their YouTube Channel.