Deltec mce 500 in the rsm 250

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You know Emma (Sapphire) - runs one in here 130 & Loves it! :)

The post says... it is a simple drop in & works, with no mods... if I owned a 250 & had the extra dollars, I would consider one for sure & be done with any skinner issues & maybe heat ones too...

Nice find !

Here... Google translation... I can read it well enough... though not a perfect translation...

Deltec MC500 frother in RSM250

of rimini on Sat 30th July 2009 11:22

Hello friends,

Well, now I will just share my experience with the replacement of the foam in the Red Sea Max 250th

I have since I bought my RSM 250 in February was quite unhappy with standard skummeren in the aquarium, because the very noisy (the wife complains), partly because I think it's creepy heavy set (although I have osmolator at the aquarium) - but most of all, mostly because I think the not working effectively enough scum tion of the aquarium (essential). The water in the cup is not dark enough and I have great suspicion that it does the job well enough.

I read on another forum that a guy in the U.S. had purchased a Deltec MC500 frother, which have successfully been installed in RSM'one.

So this last week I ordered this Deltec frother from Germany, it arrived yesterday - and let me say right away: What a change! The frother is much better than standard skummeren, there is much more colored water by replacing the glass - and then I noticed that the woman is smiling more - because frother very noisy, much less than standardskummeren.

Deltec MC500 fits perfectly into the hole, just be you just put a stone (I used a small stone from the patio) at the bottom of the chamber behind it. Then, adjust the water level so it is prescribed by Deltec instructions, and voila close the lid to RSM 250, and you are running.

What is a bonus while you get a greater "fall" on the water intake from the top down into the "quagmire" behind - and that means a higher cooling - so you can probably get around 1-2 degrees colder water at the low water level less RSM while this operation.

So all in all: it's worth the money! ---> Seems it is a little embarrassing to RSM themselves can not do a frother which is half as effective now that the size of this fact is considerably greater than Deltec foam - but you can see - it's not the size - but do it depends on ...

Hope I can use my advice for anything

Here a few pictures of the installation ... it took 5 minutes!

- a perfect fit:

brintlev

Hi everyone,

I have tried to do a translation of the post shown above, hope it make sense, as some of you maybe know i am a active member of the danish forum

best regards
Christian

Hello friends,

I just want to share my experience with a replacement of the red sea stock skimmer.

Since I bought the RSM in february, I have been quite unhappy with the standard skimmer in the aquarium. Partly because of its noise level, it makes a lot of noise(And the wife is complaining), and partly because I think that is is very hard to set, for the most optimum skimming, even though I am running with auto top system. But most of all because I think that it is not effective enough for skimming to this aquarium(essential) The water in the cup does not get dark enough, and I suspicious that it doesn´t do its job well enough.

I read on another forum that some guy in the states, had bought a delted mc500 skimmer, and with nice result etablished in the rsm.

So last week i ordered one from germany, and it arived yesterday, and let me point out right away- WHAT a difference, it skims much better than the stock skimmer, and the water I empty from this cup is much more colered. And i have also notice that the wife is smiling more - because this skimmer have a much lower noise than the standard skimmer

Deltec MC500 fits perfekt, you just have to yse a rock(brick) I have used a little brick from the tarrace and put it down to the bottom of the chamber.There after you have to adjust the water level so it fits the deltec manual, and voila close the top of the rsm, and you are going

As a bonus you get at the same time a bigger fall from the water trough the water intake and down in the sump behind, which means a bigger cooling effect - You proberly get an effect of 1-2 degrees colder water if you at the same time lower your water level.

So I think it is worth the money ---> Yet i still think that it is embaressed that RED SEA not have developed a skimmer that is half as effective at the deltec mc500, even when the size is bigger than the deltec - but as you know it not the size it depends on, it - But how it woks

Hope you can use my advice

Sapphire

As Glen has said - I have one in my 130 and it's wonderful! I have sabsolutley no regrets with it.

I don't know about the 250 and what the installation proces would be - but the skimmer would certainly manage the bigger water volume. From the above posts it sounds like it's simple!

Let us know what you decide!