Deep water palys

flricordia

Just got some deep water palys. Anyone have any of these and know their care? I understand they need little light and spot feeding. These are blue faced and might pick up a couple of the greens tomarrow. I think the greens are the ones that are highly desired by most. These are giants. Size of a half dollar easy, some are larger.

deepwater_palys.jpg

DaBird

Yup, those are the ones I was telling you about...wow, I hope those work out for ya...

flricordia

Yup, those are the ones I was telling you about...wow, I hope those work out for ya...
Yea, these weren't cheap and the greens cost twice as much. I have seen them sell for $50 a polyp, the greens.
Do you know if they are easy to keep? The guy at the LRS made a big deal about them being form the Gulf and being rare, but he has to make them sound good so he can sell them. Said they are not found anywhere else in the world, but Fl ricordias aren't either, same with many corals. There again I don't know if he was refering to the palys being found in one region of the Gulf only though. I couldn't find much on them in any of my books.

billyr98

don't know much about them.. but seeing the prices on zoas... you can probably get your money back fast.. :)

DaBird

I've only seen them once before and they were in a 12 gal nano w/PC's , fed once a week with cyclops...let me know when it's frag time...those bad boys get huge, I'm talking 3inches....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Simply amazing! When I grow up I want to be just like Mike!! (I'm 36 so it will be a LONG time before I grow up).

Allen