Dead extreme coral

deansreef

I received a shipment from extreme corals. The leather I received died in a day after careful acclimation.

I am getting annoyed because I have emailed them several times in the past 3 days and it seems I am being ignored.

Extreme corals is usually so good about taking care of their customers.

Must be an oversight. I will have to call them.

goldenmean

Howdy Hooo Deansreef.
Welcome to RS.

I'm sure they will take care of you.
Have some patience. Call them.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
:hallo: Dean, Welcome to the Sanctuary! Sorry your first post was negative. Extreme Coral.com is a fine outfit and I'm sure they will make it right. I have ordered from them and have never had trouble getting in touch with them by phone. They also have a 7-day stay alive guarantee, so you are covered. Are you sure it is dead? Leather corals have a way of looking puny and limp when stressed, which I'm sure after the trip it wasn't feeling itself. I hope you left it in the tank for observation.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Welcome deansreef!
Good call Doc. I sure hope he was sure it was dead. I bought some GSP from the lfs and it took two weeks for them to open up! I also thought they were dead after the first week. Glad i didn't toss them out, there beautiful now.

addict

Welcome deansreef!
Good call Doc. I sure hope he was sure it was dead. I bought some GSP from the lfs and it took two weeks for them to open up! I also thought they were dead after the first week. Glad i didn't toss them out, there beautiful now.

LOL... give it a couple of months and you'll wish they had died... ;)

Just kidding... at least GSP's are alot prettier than the brown-polyped encrusting gorgonian that's slowly swallowing my tank... it started out as about 3-4 polyps on the edge of a Echinophyllia plate I got a couple years ago, and now it's massive... and sprouting up new shoots everywhere.

I think I need to find something that eats it. ;)

FateX8

yeah im in a similar boat but they actually forgot to send me 2 pieces that i ordered and the monti ordered had 2 huge dead spots on it
ive emailed and when i called scott, he already left for the day but ill call again today
ive had problems before but they just take a bit longer to fix but they always get fixed

Frankie

RS STAFF
LOL... give it a couple of months and you'll wish they had died... ;)

Just kidding... at least GSP's are alot prettier than the brown-polyped encrusting gorgonian that's slowly swallowing my tank... it started out as about 3-4 polyps on the edge of a Echinophyllia plate I got a couple years ago, and now it's massive... and sprouting up new shoots everywhere.

I think I need to find something that eats it. ;)

I am not sweating it. I was smart and keep them isolated on there own rock. Have you thought about a nice Regal Angel? There said to be reef safe with stoney's but have a taste for zoo's and gsp! Regal Angel Red Sea