Dead crab

Blndbunny

I had suspected a crab had hitchhiked it's way it to my tank. I had seen what I suspected were legs once and about half a crab once before it retreated.

I am really hoping that what I found tonight was an actual body and not just a molt. Everything was fully intact and there was no visible split, and no signs of life. My husband decided to break open the abdomen to see. When he split it it looked like the inside of a crab body when you have crab dinner.

The crab was white and hair with brown splotches on the body, the legs were banded. It had some time of feathery looking filter something just below the eyes. I wish I had gotten a photo before he flushed the remains. My best guess is that it was some type of gorilla crab.

Please oh please let it actually be dead and not a molt

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Get a 12 oz soda in a clear plastic bottle, enjoy the drink. Then cut it in half, invert the top half down in to the bottom half. If it doesn't stay together, add a little super glue. Put a small piece of shrimp, scallop, etc. in the bottom. Place in tank near where you've seen it hang out, placing it upright near a rock or slope do it can climb in. It may take a couple of nights but that's how I caught mine.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362959835.167667.jpg

Sent from John's Tapatalk

Blndbunny

I tried a trade last night, gonna keep it up, really hoping I can catch that little bugger, I'm sure he's been enjoying escargots