De humidifier idea

Mperkins92

I'm currently running a de humidifier in the room with my fish tank because of all the evaporation. Right now I'm taking water out of the air and pouring it away then filtering new water for top offs.
Has anyone ever tested the quality of water from a de humidifier? If its good could you just hook up a dehumidifier to drain into your tank?

catran

You can test it with a TDS meter. I'm not sure it's too good for your tank, having absorbed dust etc. from the air.

Cat
I love reefers!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Also keep in mind that many times the internal components are COPPER and BRASS which will wipe out a reef tank in short order. You'd want to test for heavy metals in addition to many other things before introducing that into your tank.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
BigAl07 said:
Also keep in mind that many times the internal components are COPPER and BRASS which will wipe out a reef tank in short order. You'd want to test for heavy metals in addition to many other things before introducing that into your tank.

+1
This was my first thought....

...."Fish" Happens!....

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
BigAl07 said:
No it was MY thought first :) :LOL:

Touche.
I remember mine was "why is it so bright out here and why is this guy in a white coat holding me?" But that was quite a ways back... :D

...."Fish" Happens!....

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
just look at the cooling fins in the back, air is drawn through them, every strain of bacteria in your home is wedged in there and is dripping in the bucket, you shouldn't even water plants with that muck!