Dana Riddle in Charlotte - Saturday 11/20/10 from 1-4pm (FREE)

cbrownfish

Come join RASOC in Charlotte (Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte - Welcome to RASOC!) for an exciting presentation by Dana Riddle, one of the most important researchers in our hobby (FREE Event)! Dana lives in Hawaii and is able to study coral reefs year round. His lab is set up to examine corals in their natural environment and relate their requirements to artificially-created conditions. He is the author of the book "The Captive Reef" and has over 100 articles published in American and European hobby literature. He has made presentations at many local, regional and national conferences over the years.

Presentation Information --

Water Motion in an Aquarium – Is it really more important than lighting?
Water motion is an important consideration in aquaria, and especially for reef aquaria. This presentation will report observations of water motion and its effects on photosynthesis in corals (along with some observation of its effects on at least one freshwater plant species). Experiments are under way, so the results will be reported here for the first time anywhere.

Additional Activities --

* FRAG SWAP/SALE!

* Vendor Merchandise.

* RASOC T-Shirts!! Only $10. Bumper Stickers for $2!

* Check out our GREAT Library of Books!

* Mingle with peers in the reefkeeping community from all over NC and SC.

Location --

The meeting location will be at the CPCC Campus near the Charlotte Airport. The address is on the map below --

west_campus-1.jpg

cbrownfish

Thanks for the bump Al, it was a great meeting. Dana Riddle is a super cool guy, laid back and very personable. He presented some extremely interesting theories and studies about how under rated water-motion is in the reef aquarium, overall flow rates/strategies, coral color and many related items.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Excellent news Ron! I expect a FULL presentation from you on this so I'm "up to date" LOL!

I hate I missed it but I just couldn't get down there in time :(

Thanks for the information!!