Cyano and UV ???

sebastian

:bump: i have some problem with cyano for some time (like 2months), it's not bad but i hate it.... i'm checking water param...often...and everything is fine... i run phos ban and.......UV for last 9 weeks. and now... IS THERE A CHANCE THAT BECOUSE UV I HAVE CYANO OUTBREAK? any experts? also i have all new bulbs, skimmer is working ok a lot of green smelly stuff..HELP!!!:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

chunky

I've never heard of UV causing a cyano outbreak. You might try adding some flow to the tank or at least reposition your powerheads so that the cyano areas are getting some more flow.

fishnu

How long have you had your Tangs?

I got one and developed Cyano afterwards.

Poops like a cow.

.(____)
.|@@|
..\ .. /
....=

Cassette87

I agree with chunky... cyano is very commonly caused by a lack of water movement in the problem area. What are you doing for water flow?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Excess nutrients and low flow areas are your most likely causes. What about the bulbs on your lights?

I've removed as much as possible manually, increase flow and re-evaluate my feeding. Also are you rinsing your food with RO/DI? Preservatives in packaged food is ROCKET FUEL for cyano and algae.

sebastian

thx for quick answers.... i have a lot of flow..... and cyano grows in areas when flow is the highest !!??? i have wave 2k plus 2 koralias 3 and returns from sump @ 1000gpm so i do not see flow as issue..... tang... pooping machine i bought him like 3 years ago as baby now he is about 7-8 inch fish= big poop //// lights - bulbs are brand new for last 3 weeks:stars:

PEMfish

Get Rods Food and you won't have to wash it. Its actually a shot in the foot to wash Rods Food.

sebastian

i was feeding it some time ago.... very good but very expensive too. i guss no miracles with that ...good stuff=$$$$$$$

fishnu

Met Rod at the local frag swap. Nice guy. Nice money.
I throw a little bit in every couple of days to alternate with Spectra

Fish think it's the popsicle truck.