CRASH!!!!

Paul B

No, Not my tank. Don't be ridiculous I have a Undergravel filter, that can't crash.

My "car" was in a crash.

I was stopped for a light having a philosophical conversation with my wife about the universe, the meaning of life, or what we were having for dinner when all of a sudden:

CRASH!!.

Glass breaking, my teeth flying across the broken windshield, my contact lenses bouncing on the road, birds flying away in a panic, squirrels screaming etc. OMG what a scene.

Of course none of that happened. But it felt like it did. My teeth are firmly fixed in my head and I don't wear contact lenses. The windshield didn't break and the birds were just pooping as they normally do.

But the accident did happen. We were hit from the back by a SUV. I wasn't in my SUV but in my very Manly (Chick Magnet) PT Cruiser. (Although I also have a SUV.)

After checking on my wife, I ran out to see what happened.

The door opened on the SUV and I expected to see this dopey kid get out with his cell phone that he was texting on, but he didn't get out. A very pretty girl gets out and being I am very observant, I noticed that she was about 9 months pregnant.

OMG, I am so glad her air bag didn't deploy, because I am sure "almost born" Babies hate that. I made sure she was OK and I noticed she had another little kid in the back. She immediately apologized and said she thought the cars next to her were moving so she thought I was too. I didn't understand that, but it is what it is. Maybe it's a pregnant thing. So, being in the technological age, we took pictures of each other's license's.

She was going to her baby doctor so that was a good thing as we were practically in her doctor's parking lot. I am sure the doctor will check her and her baby out.

My car will go into the body shop this week. I wanted to change that back bumper anyway because it was scratched. Now it is history. So it all ended well.

I know that secretly a lot of people were hoping it was my tank that crashed so they could say. Oh look at the old guy who thinks his fish are bulletproof after only a few decades. I really think she found out I wrote a book and she was looking for an autographed copy.

Paul B

Everyone is fine, except of course for my Cruiser. But it was dirty anyway and I was on my way to wash it. Now they will replace the bumper and rear hatch door so I assume they will wash the car. I may see if I can pay a little extra and get a few small scratches out. That car was just painted a couple of years ago when we had a huge hail storm here which put hundreds of dents in the car. They had to replace the windows and hood and paint the car. They also had to replace the roof on my house and one solar panel.