Votes: 2 5.0%
  • RSM 250 - Cracked

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other Model - Cracked

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • RSM Not Cracked

Votes: 36 90.0%

• Total voters
Just curious how many people received their rsm cracked, and had to call customer support for a replacement :blueoh:

Do Post Your Pics Also!!!!

IMG_20120427_120731.jpg

IMG_20120427_120747.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Not just received it but broke while established.

........... we cut living things into pieces. sheez

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
All good here. I think it's more to do with the shipping company rather than Red Sea though.

I agree the problem lies with shipping. Red sea is always quick to replace the tank. It still.can't be cheap though. Just wondering how many rsm owners have been affected.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I think it's more to do with the shipping company rather than Red Sea though.

+3 Red Sea has great customer service, shipping replacement tanks many times same day and never tell you to go file a freight claim.

I believe broke while established - is rare 1 in 1000 and not at all related to the pic in this thread

crackedcorn

My established tank cracked yesterday in the front right side from top to bottom! A couple gallons of water on floor when I got home. Rsm 250, very disapointed, it was leveled right on etc and never abused etc. Luckily I found it in time to save the corals etc! Dam, I'm wondering if this is more of a problem then 1 in a 1000, & will Red Sea re-imburse?

Tokalosh

Man, I feel you anguish and pain.

Does it look like this?

I was wondering about the sudden change in RSM 250 design.

Tok

Oxylebius

I was wondering about the sudden change in RSM 250 design.

Tok

What change did they do in the new design to make you think it was correcting for this? I have an older rsm and now I'm worrying..... I had brand new hardwood floors put in right before I set up the tank....

Tokalosh

The new tanks do not have curved glass corners. I personally think this was and still is a week point with the original design.
The curved glass looks cool and is unique to any other tank on the market, that's why I went for one.
My last two tanks were set up 100% on perfectly smooth and level concrete, the carpet which they stood on was only 5mm thick.

Fingers crossed my 3rd tank is still in one pice, but whenever the canopy makes a noise when cooling down or heating up, I cringe.

Tok

crackedcorn

I'd say there is an obvious weak spot here, that's really too bad, did rsm do anything to compensate you? I believe they should, I love their tanks and would have bought another, but now...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Dario - should reply soon... but if I remember right Red Sea went above & beyond trying to make it right & did. You can read more about it in his tank thread I believe...

Tokalosh

Don't get me wrong the RSM tank is a great all in one tank and I'd by the new "250 C" model in a heart beat.

As for Red Sea going "above and beyond" they only did what any other respectable company would have done to save face.
Going "above and beyond" would have been offering a free upgrade, but that was never going to happen. ;)

Tok

Tokalosh

So much for "Above & Beyond", you may want to take a look at the EHEIM 250 with sump if you are not happy with Red Sea.

This is the path I am considering if my current tank ever fails on me.

Tok