corals out of water

plahka

I just bought a frogspawn and mushroom rock from a fellow reefer. On the way home I accidentally dumped the container. The corals were out of water for 30-45 minutes. I just got home. Should they be alright? What would they look like in the near future if they are dying? Thanks.

Witfull

they will either survive, be pissed off and live,,or die....if they make it a few days and open up, you have a chance. if they never open,,,,watch for white fuzzies.

cbrownfish

Mushrooms should be good to go. Frogspawn is questionable......however, many corals are tidal and accustomed to being out of the water for a while.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've never had frogspawn out THAT long but I have had it out for more than 20 minutes at a time. good luck and happy reefing :)

prow

did the container it was in still have some water? like enough to keep things damp? if it was and those corals were healthy and your tank is well established, i think they will make it..

plahka

i put them in a rubbermaid with heat and circulation. The 'shrooms look small but normal and the frogspawn "bubbled up" a bit. Fingers crossed here! Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

prow

all right YEAH!!!!!!!!:whstlr:
if you have not yet, make sure you get them into a tank with a good ph, Ca+, Alk and salinity levels aswell.