Coral snow without protein skimmer?

Sean99

Is it okay if I dose coral snow without a protein skimmer running on my tank? Is the water going to stay cloudy or will it just take longer to clear up?

DaveK

When your considering an additive such as this, ask yourself, what specific problem are your trying to solve?

If the livestock is doing well and growing, you usually don't need it. Also, how large a tank are we talking about? A product like this is used for tanks with a lot of SPS corals. Usually those tanks have heavy filtration including skimming. Do you have an SPS dominated tank? If not, you likely don't need the product.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
After reading the link, I'm not sure that it will be as effective if you're not using a skimmer.

Sean99

Okay thanks I was curious cuz I only have a skimmer on one of my tanks so I wanted to know if it would be okay to use without a skimmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

I'm using it to clear my tanks water with because it's slightly cloudy

Since the tank in question doesn't have a skimmer, you'd be far better off investing in a skimmer, rather than using an additive.

Using Coral Snow would be a band-aid approach at best.

Sean99

I agree and I'm getting another skimmer within two weeks, and I'm aiming to get a ASM or a reef octo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk