Coral Sky LED

zenzence

Hello All,
I am looking into coralsky LED versa 2 set up to retro fit my RSM 130D hood. I have heard nothing but good things and the price is good! Does anyone have any experience with this lighing system in the RSM hood?

Thanks
Chad

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Chad. Is this it?

CoralSky - Products

Would you get 1, 2, or 3, of the 3 unit Versa II setups? Looks interesting, but it's the first time I've seen them. The Cree LEDs are supposed to be good ones. I think the Crees are 3 watts each, but I couldn't see that in the above.

zenzence

Hey Reefmack,
I am going to purchase 2 of his units which has 3 modules which has 21 cree leds at 35 watts. The first is going to be 10,000K and the second unit is going to be 460 nm blue which he is going to alternate everyother one. So a total of 70 watts of LED lighting at about 14K . The way he described it this would be farily equal to haveing two 150 MH bulbs across the top of the tank.
What do you think reefmack?

Thanks for your reply
Chad Zenzen

zenzence

byronredsea,
that tank is bueatiful absolutly amazing!! LEDs are so new but that certainly inspires confidence!!

zenzence

Just purchase two coralsky led units one white and one blue which should be 14K at 70 watts. Now just have to figure out how to retrofit them to my RSM Hood!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Take some pics as you do the retrofit. I've often thought about doing the same type thing.

zenzence

I plan on doing a full review and step by step progress of the install! Jeff over at coralsky is also retrofitting a RSM hood which he said he would keep me in the loop. The lights are coming friday so I will probably do install saturday!

soily

Hi ZenZen

I have been looking at these units too, i may be being a bit daft but are they $250 for one unit which comprises 3 modules or are they $250 per module. Er i suppose i'm asking what exactly are you buying and how much will it cost lol.

soily

So you'll end up with 2 units, 6 modules for $500 ?
Sounds nice, thats about £315. Thats got me really watching this as thats pay back from the compact PC's in 5 years.

zenzence

Soily,
Ya where I am its probably more like 4 years of use. The top reason I bought them was because of the increased lighing and of course glimmer lines. This setup is equal to having a 150 Watt MH across the entire top of the tank accourding to coralskyled.

zenzence

Soily,
I finished install today and it is very cool and relatiely simple just a little time! If you would like pics let me know i will email them I cant get them to post on this site without making them very tiny.