Coral questions...

HueroEnfermero

Lovely answers you received, and good looking corals! I was just about to ask the original posts question as well, thank you for answering it for me lol, also thanks nanoreefing4fun for you great link

Thanks! The sites are awesome. I'm 5 months or so into this hobby. I adopted an established tank so I think I am kind of cheating. It has been fun, and my kids love it too. The leather coral took a couple of days before all of the polyps would open all at once. But now it's so much fun looking at it every day. I think I am going to go with a torch next in hopes that the smaller clown of the two that I have will have something to host. Good luck and hope you enjoy yours when you pick some up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HueroEnfermero

So over the past few months i added some Xenia, a torch and some zooanthia. I had a question about the torch. I got it home in the tank after acclimating it to my water conditions. It did great...super flowy, and happy looking. For the past 1.5 weeks. Yesterday it is all withdrawn and frumpy looking. Color still looks good though. No changes in water parameters. Everything else is happy. Bubble tip, and the other three corals look great. My understanding is that the torches are a hardy group of corals. Should I be worried or do they go through periods like this?

HueroEnfermero

I can't figure how to post pics from the app

c58d33e688184f5e5bd3f1673fb953b7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat24601

So over the past few months i added some Xenia, a torch and some zooanthia. I had a question about the torch. I got it home in the tank after acclimating it to my water conditions. It did great...super flowy, and happy looking. For the past 1.5 weeks. Yesterday it is all withdrawn and frumpy looking. Color still looks good though. No changes in water parameters. Everything else is happy. Bubble tip, and the other three corals look great. My understanding is that the torches are a hardy group of corals. Should I be worried or do they go through periods like this?

Yeah, a pic may help. It does sound a bit odd to me, but maybe there was something going on it just temporarily didn't like.