coral out of water?

Wolfgang8810

Im plannin on doing a water change but some of my corals are pretty high up in the tank so if i drained the amount of water i wanted to they would be out of the water. Is this ok? The 2 corals in question are xenia and star polyps.

Thanks for your help

Mark

sebastian

polyps and xenia are fine....some others you have to be carefull.....some can't be exposed to air.... but 99.9% of home "softys" are ok

Wolfgang8810

ALREADY DONE WIT HT THE WATER CHANGE THE ONLY THING IS MY STAR POLYPS HAVENT COME OUT ALL THE WAY BUT I DID MESS WITH THEM A LITTLE BIT =-\ ITS JSUT A WAITING GAME. mY XENIA IS LOOKING GREAT I ALREADY AHVE A NEW LITTLE COLONY STARTING TO FROM,

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
ALREADY DONE WIT HT THE WATER CHANGE THE ONLY THING IS MY STAR POLYPS HAVENT COME OUT ALL THE WAY BUT I DID MESS WITH THEM A LITTLE BIT =-\ ITS JSUT A WAITING GAME. mY XENIA IS LOOKING GREAT I ALREADY AHVE A NEW LITTLE COLONY STARTING TO FROM,

Keep in mind once it gets "Happy" it will grow like a WEED! Trust me when I say keep it under control or you'll regret it. It's very aggressive in growing and will out compete a LOT of your more precious corals for living space and over grow them blocking their light.

sebastian

yeah...and watch for water Q in small tank and Xenias and other corals soon you might have chemical war,... you can use carbon to help to clean water