Coral ID please?

akrkwood

I bought two zoanthid frags today and realized that what I thought was just the dark end of the rock is actually a coral. I believe it is a button coral but I wanted to get the opinion of someone who ACTUALLY knows what they're talking about.
Thanks.
Aaron

IMGP1121.jpg

Johnly

it needs to re establish zooxanthalea algae....if it makes it, and has proper conditions, the color can come back...blue to green is healthy in the common type!

akrkwood

it needs to re establish zooxanthalea algae....if it makes it, and has proper conditions, the color can come back...blue to green is healthy in the common type!

I have a stock 24 gal Nano Cube so I'm not sure it will get enough light from the PC's in there. I have read that they can live under PC's if they are at the top of the tank. Do guys think I should just go ahead and move it to the top of the tank? I don't suppose it would hurt the zoas that it is on the rock with.

Johnly

You are a think tank. I would move them to the top. I have had luck with PC's with candy cane, but no more than six inches in depth (I had a 96 watt 2 10,000k and 2 blue actinics on a four pin) Even then, it was tricky for me to grow them....when I was changing water every week, they did the best!

akrkwood

You are a think tank. I would move them to the top. I have had luck with PC's with candy cane, but no more than six inches in depth (I had a 96 watt 2 10,000k and 2 blue actinics on a four pin) Even then, it was tricky for me to grow them....when I was changing water every week, they did the best!

I will do it and we'll see what happens. According to the specs the lighting I have is 72 watts (2 50/50 bulbs - half 10,000k & half blue).
Thanks again.