Coral ID please

Hey RS, Just went to the LFS today and picked these up. Any Ideas? They sure couldn't figure it out there.

They where only $5 so I figured they would be worth it. There not all fully open in the picture but I'm impatient lol.

wat1.jpg

Thanks,

I am assuming that you are asking what the species is, no?

If this is the case you have a Zoanthus sp.

~Michael

Not primarily, I was mainly looking for what type of Zoa it is? exp - Fire and Ice, Purple people eater, Ring of Fire

But thanks, I did question the species a little in my mind lol.... It's longer skirt made me question it a little.

1Reefer

I don't have a clue, but I have seen a few people with them... and I love em! That's a steal at 5 bucks if you ask me! Congrats!!!

tnwillia

My .02, Names don't mean anything, look at 3 different online stores at the same Zoa and it might have 3 different names. Call it what you want, you got a great deal. Have fun!

Frankie

RS STAFF
My .02, Names don't mean anything, look at 3 different online stores at the same Zoa and it might have 3 different names. Call it what you want, you got a great deal. Have fun!

Fully agree. Common names are not the way to id a coral. You need to go deeper and find the true scientific name for a proper id. Michael's id works best for me and is the correct answer.

I have those too! bought them at MAX but never got the name. Nice price on them too, i bought my frag for $20 with about 15 polyps.