Coral Confusion!

Hi Everyone!

So I will be getting my brand dew biocube in the mail soon and I am very excited!! This will be my first salt water venture and I am kind of scared to be honest!

I plan on having a lot of cleaner crew, LR, LS, and 2 clownfish and 1 yellow tailed damsel.

Now I was wondering can you guys suggest some easy to keep preferably cheap corals I can look into? I just want to buy frags that I can attach onto my LR. I am really excited.

Also, what food do corals eat?

ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

This is a GREAT forum!!!

GrendelPrime

im not to familiar with biocubes but i dont think the stock lighting are enough to keep much..im sure other biocube owners will chime in with the lighting u might need

wyatt183

The best advice you'll get here is GO SLOW! Don't rush it. Taking your time will pay off for you in a wonderful, beautiful tank.

Mushrooms are very hardy corals, and the come in a variety of colors and shapes, and can rarely go wrong with them.

Good luck.

wyatt183

It's safe to add fish and corals at the same time...but again you have a long ways to go to get to that point.

You have at least a month to wait before you should consider putting anything live in your tank other than some live sand (if your doing a sand bed) and live rock, which would help in seeding your tank.

tolbert2002

Some great starter corals are mushroom as previously stated. Also zoanthids, Pulsing xenia, and kenya tree corals. These are all soft coral and the power compact lighting of that biocube will be able to sustain long term. Hope this helps.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
+1 tolbert's list.

Just make sure you take your time let the tank cycle out and mature before tossing a lot of stuff into it.

Rushing = wasted $$$