Coral Beauty Angel - Live Video from QT

OneFishTwoFish

PREMIUM
I added a Coral Beauty Angel to my QT on Saturday 1/31. Seems to be doing fine. Eating Mysis soaked in garlic. QT is 20Gal Long, fully cycled. Daily testing. So far: 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 2 Nitrate, 1.026SG

Here's a little experiment . . . . Take a look at my QT:
http://dropc.am/p/9sdBbr

I'll leave this camera 'open to the public' until 7pm today, February 4th.

Thanks !

sirrealism

Agree ^^^^^ I like this set up a lot. Man now you have me thinking about putting this system in front of my tanks. Onefish Did you take the cloud service 2? Now I am on the hunt for one of these. 200$ really is pretty cheap for a cam with wifi built it that will stream. How long have you had this cam?

OneFishTwoFish

PREMIUM
Sirrealism,
No, I chose not to use the Cloud Recording Service. I'd call it a 'personal choice'. You know, Dropcam is owned by Nest . . . Nest is owned by Google. I already feel that Google knows my every thought, based on how they provide such relevant search results. I didn't like the concept of them having actual video from inside my home. I've had the Dropcam for 4+ months and it is very reliable. It was easy to setup, and accessing video via their website (or app) is simple. I do recommend it.

There are other solutions though. I've got a Foscam looking at my Display Tank. This is a little more complicated to configure. But I believe it is more 'private' when properly configured. It was about the same cost as Dropcam. And, it has a microSD card for internal video recording, without the need to use a cloud service.

---Frank

There are