Coming Soon, Billyr98's 90g tank!! He's BACK!!!

billyr98

Here I am about 18 months removed from having a tank in the house. I realized after MACNA, How much I missed it, but financially, I can't go large. So I got a used tank from Brian (thanks Brian!!). It will be a slow thread, as I need to piece meal this tank together. Here it is coming home from Brian's.

photo-1.jpg

and here it is setting EMPTY :( in its location.

photo.jpg

I am going to pick up some acrylic this week or next and start building the sump.

I just placed an order for some parts...

Reefkeeper Lite (Hope this is as good as I read about!)

An Octopus Needwheel 150 Protein Skimmer

And my return pump will be internal a quiet one 4000 (rated for over 1000gph but with head loss should be around 800) and it will be tee'd off to feed a small refugium section in the sump.

So next will be the sump build, getting some live rock together, and I think I can grab some powerheads for some internal flow from Todd.

Lighting will be T5HOs running off an icecap 660. It has 4 in the hood now, not sure if I am going to leave them or add two more lamps.

Well thats it for now... any inputs are welcome!! I am out of the loop about technology for a year now!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:hallo: Hey Billy! Great to have you back!

I think you will really like the Reefkeeper!! I have two older models that I use on my growout system.

I see you opted for the Octopus skimmer. I have read good things about it!

Let me know when you're ready for some clowns :D

billyr98

ok well I am moving along slowly.. here is the canopy retro'd with 7 T5HOs. I ordered new lamps so the colors are not correct yet.

mime-attachment-2.jpg

The tank is all plumbed in and running salt water.. More to come soon!

billyr98

I am still up in the air for what type of reef... but it will have a lot of SPS once I learn my system is stable enough to keep them again :) But of course, I will fill the reef with some simple corals in the beginning as grow from there. Live rock went in tonight. Tank is a little cloudy for pics today. So maybe tomorrow I can get some. And now we wait for the rock to cure. It does not smell bad, so that is a good sign, maybe I won't have much die off!!!!!

One thing I do know, I need a clownfish in there, since my daughter just keeps asking where is Nemo, LOL!!! :)