combining tanks?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I am thinking of combining both my tanks. My wife wants me to move the 55 to the front room and if I am tearing down again I am going to build up the 125.

My question is this. In the 125 there is a perc clownfish. In the 55 is a tomoto clown. Both fish have pretty good atitudes. If I combine the tanks, what is going to be the outcome for the clowns? I have no concerns for the other livestock just the kids clownfish? Help?

Coloradoreefer

It can depend on a couple of things. One important issue is the size of either fish. If they are both the same size they will fight. If one is definitely bigger than the other they will fight but eventually figure it out. I think I have heard though that tomatoes clowns are very territorial, however with 125 gallons between the two of them, I am assuming they will go off and find their own areas to occupy. It'll be an interesting match indeed.

before you put them in, rearrange the rock, so all previous territory is removed, then put them both in and let them find their spots. they should be fine if you have enough rock and hiding places