cmas frag swap (pics)

funkpolice

I went to the Chicago marine aquarium society's frag swap yesterday, here's what I picked up.

P2220566.jpg

montipora spongodes

P2220564.jpg

finally, been wanting some blue zoas forever

P2220567.jpg

these are pretty sweet, from Japan. They weren't being very photogenic, but I'll post an open pic tomarrow.

P2220561.jpg

I need some help with this one. I know it's an acro, but does anyone know what kind?

It was a great show,
bill

ReefLady

Staff member
Wow, great stuff. The last one looks a little like a Bali Green Slimer. Expect fact growth on that one.
Really great frags!

ReefLady

Staff member
When another coral in the vicinity "bothers' it, it produces a very thick, protective slime.

funkpolice

I did think it got really slimy when I moved it from the bag to the acclimation tank. I have it really close to some anthelia now, so I'll have to cut it back. Thanks for the help.
bill

ReefLady

Staff member
Sure thing. Got a new FTS? Those frags are sweet - bet the tank is looking great.

funkpolice

al, I'm pretty loose with my frags, so maybe when it's ready I'll send you a pc.

I could post a fts, but it would be that impressive. I've been adding a lot of really nice small frag recently, but they don't show up in a fts. My hopes are that once it all fills in, it will be nice.
bill