Clownfish trying to mate with Mandarin?

frausted

I have an Allardi clownfish that "i think" is trying to mate with my poor Mandarin Dragonette. the clownfish rarely hangs out with its anemone anymore, just stalks my poor mandarin and i think it is really taking a toll on her. she gets harassed all day while trying to graze and is getting a little skinny.

is the only solution to separate them? or should i maybe buy another critter as a distraction? and if so, what would be the best fish to introduce? the only other tank mates are 2 cleaner shrimp and usual cleanup crew. any feedback is appreciated :)

GrendelPrime

yeah love has nothing to do with this..the clown if flexing his muscles on the dragonette..u can try to re aquascape and if its a territorial issue that might take care of the issue..u never mentioned what size tank u have..the dragonette might be getting skinny cause theres no more pods to eat

jcgardner

Be careful because it can/will kill the mandarin. I had a clown that literally chased another clown to death because I left them alone when I thought they were mating and they weren't.