Clownfish not eat

Can anyone tell why it won’t eat anything?

• Anything about clownfish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sickness or what

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nguon

Well... it’s a new Fish and this is my first try to take care of sea fish
The clown Fish that I take home
One clownfish not eat
At first the try to eat food but then they just throw the food out of it own mouth and not eat anything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

Uncle99

Maybe it is not use to the food you give or just doesn’t like it....what was it being feed when you got... do you know this otherwise try frozen bribe shrimp.

What carefully fir any white spots which develop.

Hi Nguon,

Firstly welcome to the forums :) you will get plenty of good advice here, as I experienced being a new member too.

I also have a pair of clowns which was the first fish I added to the aquarium once it cycled.

I’m no expert - in fact far from it but the majority of questions I’ve raised, the first response was the following:

How long has the aquarium been set up for
Salt level
Nitrate and PH levels
What else is in the aquarium

For your particular question and concern, what is it you are trying to feed them and does it differ to what the Fish shop feeding then.

For the first couple of days, my two clowns are very little but then became very happy in their new homes and now they don’t stop eating haha. I always vary their food from a mixture of brine shrimp Mysis seaweed to flakes and tiny pellets. From advise I’ve been given on here, it’s a good move to vary a diet.

Anyways, let us know a bit more about your aquarium and I’m sure the more expert members can assist you further

Little smudge

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS ! Pretty clown - +1 ^ tell us some more about your tank

a guess... without knowing more... is I would not worry he might just be stressed adjusting to his new home and will start eating in a few days, unless that stress is because of something like ammonia poison from a new tank that has not cycled yet... start a tank thread and share your tank with us !

index.php