Clownfish eggs!!!!!!!

Akshay

BATCH NO. 2

Well what do you know!!! Exactly one week down and we have a fresh batch. They seem to have just laid a few hrs ago...
Didnt keep the acrylic sheet as it kept falling off due to flow... so had instead put two small stones in front of the original LR. The stones have no holes and are not porous, so no chance of worms!
Also a lot more eggs in this batch... Updating two pics..
20130810_155343_zpsa2abd794.jpg

20130810_155154_zps761a7366.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Congrats on the new spawn! :geekin:
I'm going to have to look for your tank thread so I can follow it. I'd like to see pictures of your clown pair.

You can link your reef chronicle by clicking "UserCP" in the upper right hand corner....then on the left of that screen click on "edit profile" and scroll down to "reef chronicle" Add a copy & pasted URL.
Doing so will add a "click here" under your name so we can find your tanks thread easier. :)

Akshay

Day 6. You can now see the eyes.
Also in this batch a lot more eggs have survived. :)
The clowns have become kinda ferocious as well... they kept nipping away at one of my starfish which was approaching their site, until I intervened and got the star out.
Now to wait for the exact time when they do hatch.

20130816_155909_zps5d593669.jpg

20130816_155902_zps52a67e9f.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for sharing & posting pictures. I'm enjoying seeing the progress & wishing you lots of luck!! :fingerx:

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Are you planning on taking the rock out before they hatch and putting it into a different tank?

Akshay

Here are the clown pair pics.... pls dn't mind the Tangs they jst seem to think that when I am there its their chow time... :)
20130816_201745_zps4ef9c210.jpg

Graphic2_zps01d78aca.jpg

Graphic1_zps88d74c2f.jpg

Graphic4_zps7318b4b0.jpg

Akshay

Yup Bearjohnson....that pc of stone has been specially kept there for them to lay eggs & so that later I can get it out for the hatching stage. Hopefully it is gonna happen tmrw night and not tonight. :)
..... looking at the pics do you know if they will hatch tonight or tmrw night???? :confused:

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I couldn't say but when you yank them, be sure to set it up with an air stone so that the air bubbles flow over the eggs as if the clowns were fanning them. Just gentle bubbles across the eggs:)

Akshay

Didnt yank, jst sat there watchin till 2am of night 7 and at 7am of day 8....in those 5 freakin hrs they've all hatched. And no chance of locating them now in the tank. Point to self for nxt round...night 7 they hatch MOVE the stone!! Tank temp 26-27ºc.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Darn the luck!! Just be sure to start a thread for the next spawn...I like following along. :D
My clowns have been "clowning around" for a long time but NO EGGS yet. They have a little terra cotta clay pot to spawn in when the time comes. Only I have no intention of trying to raise the fry so if it never happens, that's OK too. I'll just watch YOURS :D

Akshay

If u have no intention of raising them then why the pot???
Seems like intentions are gonna flip when they lay eggs...hehehehe :yup:
Anyways heres how they looked on day7, the day of the hatching, jfyi when its ur turn.... :grind:
20130817_191702_zps95625427.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
If u have no intention of raising them then why the pot???
Seems like intentions are gonna flip when they lay eggs...hehehehe :yup:
Anyways heres how they looked on day7, the day of the hatching, jfyi when its ur turn.... :grind:
20130817_191702_zps95625427.jpg

I have the pot to give them a home....a place to host. The pot worked to keep them from nipping the tail fin off of my Dwarf Cherub Angel when he was tiny. They still chase him away but they only chase him away from their clay pot & not all over the tank to bite his tail. His poor little tail has to grow back twice before I put the pot in.
They both sleep in the pot or one in & the other on top:
null_zps82699a29.png
[/IMG]

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Do you have live phytoplankton and rotifers for them to feed on? You'll need some if you plan on trying to raise them:)

Akshay

Haha ... clowns outta the anemone, but the pot actually looks quiet neat..very homely :)

Yup rotifers & algae brewing away ... also got some fine powder baby fish food called Hikari First Bites.

Akshay

This is off topic... have any of you used Red Sea's new Phosphate Pro test kit??? I am getting colours in shades of blue, while the chart lists shades of green! Reallly confusing.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Haha ... clowns outta the anemone, but the pot actually looks quiet neat..very homely :)

Yup rotifers & algae brewing away ... also got some fine powder baby fish food called Hikari First Bites.

I'd stay away from any non-live food. The fry will not eat anything but live food. The menu should only read "rotifers" especially for the first 7-10 days.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for sharing!! AWESOME that you got to watch it all :geekin:
Now for following the batch 3 progress... Was there a good number of eggs this time?

Akshay

Haven't really counted but the area seems pretty much like batch no. 2, maybe slightly more.
Just hoping I get to see them now when they hatch! Mission is to get atleast one to survive.
:dryer::grind:
Here are some pics..
20130824_131611_zps0c3b029a.jpg

20130824_131530_zpsb73bd02d.jpg