clownfish bad eye

Kingumar

right before coming to work, i noticed one of my clowns has a really swollen eye. I figured it was popeye or something along those lines.
I can get a picture when i get home tonight but i wanted to see if i could get some help and pick up the medication on the way home.
any ideas on what i would need?

Exo

You will have far more luck in this forum http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/

Leebca or woodstock are usually around and offer excellent advice. From my understanding, popeye cannot be treated with medication. It is a sign of stress.

I think you should post a picture along with water parameters and your feeding regimen in the forum above or maybe a mod can move this topic. At any rate we need many more details! :)

leebca

The swollen eye can actually occur from one or more of a few different reasons:

1) Injury
2) Infection (external)
3) Infection (internal, of the ocular nerve)
4) Trapped gas

It has three treatments:
a) Do nothing and hope for the best
b) Treat with an antibiotic (good if it is an infection)
c) Surgery if the eye get too big -- need to relieve pressure by releasing the fluid/gas buildup.

If left alone and it is 2 or 3, then the fish could die. In generally, I like to treat fish with swollen eye(s) as a bacterial infection. Move the fish to quarantine and treat with a systemic antibiotic for Gram Negative bacteria, like Maracyn Two for saltwater fishes.

Kingumar

This happened after my skimmer went crazy and everything it skimmed went back in the tank, i did a big water change and the eye went back to normal in a day.
Thanks a lot for the links and advice.