Clicking sound inside in tank

Tab964

Has anyone had luck with a trap. I have ready they are unreliable andmostly catch fish. But I have read about just placing a glass drinking glass with a piece of shrimp in it. Place the glass near a ledge close to its home and in a day or so it will find a way to get into the glass but will not be able to climb out since glass is too slick. A fish will be able to get out and I am quessing a real shrimp can get out but a mantis is not a true shrimp.

Shazbah

I put my piece of rock in a very large container with tank water and 5 traps. One i bought from a shop, the plastic bottle one where you cut of top then push top inside, the glass trap and a jar with plastic over and a very small hole. All filled with fresh shrimp and left it there for 3 days and nothing happened. Whatever i had it was not coming out no matter how hungry it was:cursin:
Sharon

Shazbah

I give up. The clicking is back.:eek: I was 99% sure that i isolated the correct rock but now after several days the clicking has started again. What a waste of time stripping down tank, dipping and killing my blue mushrooms all for nothing.:cursin: Whatever it is in there can now stay as i have no intentions of going through that again
Sharon

Tab964

Ugh that must be a nightmare come true. You went through alot and you seem to have a bionic mantis. I gave up on trying to find out where mine is. I still hear the clicking walk toward tank it stops. I leave sit down and it strats again it taunts me.

Shazbah

Tab i know the feeling as every time i try to look close and stick my head to the tank the clicking stops also. I must try to ignore the clicking. I have visions of him sat in the rock going ha ha ha :evileye:
Sharon