cleaning the closet, lots for sale, great prices..come and get it.

prow

lol, aahhh ic, well still have them but there are a couple pm's asking about shipping and stuff..so for now its still first come first served.

Octoman

Evening bump...

I got the Icecap ballast and endcaps today. It was very well packed and fast coast-to-coast shipping!! Thanks again Gary!

I can't believe no-one has snatched up that ASM G3 yet...

prow

hey thanks guys,

glad everything made it, fast too:D

i know i thought the skimmer would go first along with the iwaki. go fig everone want MJ's:dunno: but i have not put this stuff on that other site yet. RS members get first shot.

prow

arctica chiller................sold
octopus controller..........sold

well i also found more MJ's i did not realize i had.
have a MJ 1200 with oceanflo mod(i think sureflo bought them out)--still have the orignal nozzle so can be changed back to normal PH.............$15
still have the MJ 1200 with MJmod.................................................$15

2x MJ 1200's..............................................................................$10ea
2x MJ 900's................................................................................$10ea
*i will be keeping either the 900's or 1200's, which ever doesnt sell first.

turboIS300

I'm still good for the K4's and heater. Just trying to get the money moved over to Paypal.......stupid paypal!!!!!

:smck:

prow

mmmmm, the K4's have been sold, sorry. i pm'd you but never heard anything back. last pm i got from you was asking about the heater too, but never got i will take it or anything. sorry again i just did not know you forsure wanted them. i have the MJ 1200's with mods that put out about the same amount of and type of flow.

Witfull

paycheck finally came in and PP sent.....cant wait to add the new VHO's and ditch the worthless PC's,,,,,one went dead the other night,,,,and they cost $40 each to replace. so that would be $80 spent on junk or $100 to gary....i think i got lucky and make a good decision~

PS,,,,more flow to the tank too~

Amnestia

Hey interested in making a 20-30gal sump for a 42 gallon tank, do you think the Sedra 5000 pump will flow enough water for that setup? Also would the korilla powerhead be too much for the 42gal tank? 1200gph seems kinda crazy

Sorry i'm just starting up on my first tank setup so everything's still quite new to me.

Let me know, thanks!

prow

Hey interested in making a 20-30gal sump for a 42 gallon tank, do you think the Sedra 5000 pump will flow enough water for that setup? Also would the korilla powerhead be too much for the 42gal tank? 1200gph seems kinda crazy

Sorry i'm just starting up on my first tank setup so everything's still quite new to me.

Let me know, thanks!
hey how are you?

20-30gal sump the 5000 should be just about right. but before i say yeah its perfect need to know how far up you will pumping the water and what size are your bulkheads(both tank and sump) are.
the korilla's would be way too much for a 42gal, IMO.

congrads on your first tank....do you a ph monitor?

Amnestia

The pump will have to travel up a good 4.5 feet, bulkheads are 1inch. Think the sedra 5k will do or should i get the 7k? No such thing as too much flow right(as long as it's not like 50x turnover)?

prow

yes newish is newish;)

you dont need all your flow going through the sump and should have other things for flow aswell. however, for your sump either the 500 or 700 would work with your bulkheads. the 700 would be about max for them. what is your sump rated for or if DIY how far apart are the baffles and how big is the return pump area?

Amnestia

It's a DIY Sump has yet to be built! I'll just get the sedra 5000 (also plan to use 1-2 other powerheads in-tank). Any suggestion on what kind of flow-rate these powerheads should be?

Also one more question, i'm about to grab a aquac remora /w maxijet 1200 AND for the pump, is it possible to buy a mag-3 pump and use that instead of the maxijet 1200 to increase the efficiency/flowrate of the protein skimmer? And THEN use the maxijet 1200 as an in-tank powerhead?

Pm me as to where to send payment for the sedra 5000 via paypal! Thank you!

Sorry for all the questions!

prow

thats what i would do, its best not push it to limits, keep the water overflow noise down.

the skimmer is a good pic but i dont know about changing the pump. i some around here have but forget what pump. might want to post a new thread and ask about that. i dont think a increase of 50gph is going to do any harm or be to much, but cant say for sure.