Chromis

Adnuces

I thought that blue/green chromis are supposed to be peaceful fish and that they could co-exist with my two clownfish....who were recently added. There are a couple of the chromis that are constantly putting the chase on the clowns......is this something that will subside or should I look for new homes for the chromis?

Adnuces

seems like I have two of the five that are a pain. They have only a few hours to redeem themselves before they make the great trip back to the lfs.....where I will replace them with some cardinals......that I KNOW are peaceful.

Jerome

Chromis are usually fine with other fish I think they will calm down. Usually clown fish are the more aggressive. I think once the fish get use to the tank the clowns maybe chasing the chromis.

Witfull

want my sohal tang,,,he likes chromis,,,plays with them like a killer whale plays with seals,,,lol

i keep them for a dither fish,,,when you get bigger fish in the tank,,,their fear factor will kick in and they will calm down.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yeah,dump them if they are hurting them. strange that, i have 9 green's (use to be 17 till they found the cl intake :/ ) and they never bother the two clowns i have. I find them to be the dumbest fish i ever had though :)

Gina

RS STAFF
My clown thinks he's a Chromis! LOL
He swims around with mine all day.
For the most part they all get along great. Every once and awhile one will chase the other and then quickly stops.

fishinchick

Chromis, even though they are relatively peaceful, are still damsels. They tend to fight with each other. Why do you think it's always suggested to keep them in uneven numbers and big groups?

I've seen them frequently lock lips and spin fight each other - this is seen in larger males when it's spawning time.

Snelly40

it can happen, usually the clowns will bully the chromis' though, id give it a little time unless u see noticeable damage on the clowns