Christmas Tragedy in My Tank

bluespotjawfish

Ha, ha! Now we'll need 200! Any volunteers!

The tank is doing great other than the fish think I added in the new cleaning crew for them to eat (an expensive meal) and the corals for them to redecorate with. They are definitely the ones who decide what goes in the tank and what the place will look like. They are worse than kids when it comes to having things their way. The RO/DI unit is great. I have it set up so that my water changes take just a few minutes instead of an hour. I didn't change any water yesterday and I feel guilty. Nitrates and phosphates are settled down and I want to see if they stay down without a water change. Also alk is still high, but I have added calc to balance what is there and I'm hoping that some of these corals will bring them both down together.

tbittner

This thread is such an excellent example of what a difference a year can make...

One year ago - Disaster.
Today - Check out her pictures!

WOW!!!

bluespotjawfish

Thanks guys! A year ago I had to decide if I even wanted to keep my tank up. I was so bored with it and tired of tending to it's needs. Now I am totally addicted again! I guess that was my tank's way of saying pay attention! It worked.