Chrissy's RSM 250

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:yehoo::geekin: Chrissy, CONGRATS on WINNING December 2013 TANK OF THE MONTH :snshne:
Keep up the good work & thanks ever so much for sharing your tank with us :crowd:

Thauro77

When I grow old, I want to have a tank like yours. LOL
I am new to this and you are my hero. What do you feed your corals with????
It looks like you have a jewelry display full of nice living gems. AMAZING!!!!

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
Beautiful tank...congratulations! I love the different color montis growing together. I need to try that someday.

How do you manage to keep coralline algae growing over your walls? I able to scrape it off the glass, but I am not bothering with the back wall. Just too difficult.

Mr.Reeefer

Beautiful tank...congratulations! I love the different color montis growing together. I need to try that someday.

How do you manage to keep coralline algae growing over your walls? I able to scrape it off the glass, but I am not bothering with the back wall. Just too difficult.

I think from what I have read in her thread frequent cleaning has stopped the coralline, Chrissy can correct if I am wrong.....beautiful tank!!!

ChrissyGil

Thanks everyone!
Thauro... I don't really feed the corals anything except the lobo and the BTA. The lobo gets some mysis once every month or so and the BTA gets some silverside halves a couple of times a week. Everything else just eats from the water column.
NJ Reefer... I scrape the back with a razor blade and the plastic overflow is a pain, but I use my fingernails and a plastic scraper on that. There are some spots like the holes and return nozzles that are getting harder to clean as the tank progresses, though.

Here are some new pics!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL!! :thumber:
And an awesome picture of your Mandarin too :)
How long have you had it & does it eat frozen food or pellets? Do you buy pods?
I just got one & I'm curious about yours, please share your personal experience so far.

ChrissyGil

Thanks, Diana! I have had him for about 5 months now. I was adding bottled pods for him, but he was still getting very skinny...like skin and bones skinny. ( I think not rinsing some corals well enough after dipping in Bayer killed a lot of my pods) But a few weeks ago, I finally got him to eat a few frozen brine and now he munches down the frozen brine and mysis like a champ. I feed the rest of the fish, and then gently squirt a turkey baster full of the frozen shrimp right in front of him. He's very slow at deciding which one to eat, so I give him a ton, because it's not long before the rest of the fish find his stash.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for the info Chrissy :)
I fed frozen brine last night just to see if he'd show interest & he didn't.
I have plenty of pods for now, I'm just hoping I didn't buy myself a big worry when I added him.
I can't help but think I did :( Hope the feeling goes away soon. I'll keep trying other foods too & adding more pods. They are such amazing little fish. Good luck with yours!!

Danreef

Hi Chrissy. The tank is beautiful. I had the opportunity to see it in person some months ago.

What camera are you using for the pictures?

Daniel

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hi Danreef! Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

Danreef

Hi Danreef! Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

Thank you !!!

After I saw Chrissy RSM 250 when I went to pick up a frag I wanted one. With the new RSMC250 comming next month I got a nice deal in a local fish store for the RSM 250. I will start a new build thread probably around June. First I need to do some home remodeling.

Now I have a 14G biocube mix tank, a 12G rimless Mr aqua 100% SPS (acros mainly) and a new 7G with some zoas/mushrooms. I will move all the SPS and the guys of the new tank to my new RSM 250.

In the meantime I will be learning from the club how people keep these tanks.

A have seen amazing tanks/threads at this forum.

Daniel

ChrissyGil

Thanks Daniel! I use a Nikon D5100 for the most recent pics, and the older pics were taken with a Fujifilm Finepix S8100.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
This AMAZING tank thread needs an UPDATE....How about a new picture Chrissy :D
Please SHARE YOUR BEAUTIFUL TANK with Us :crowd: