Chicagoland Reefers

novanosis

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone wants to sell me some coral...

My tank has been up for about 4 months now. I don't really have much in there. Nothing died and it has 2x96 watt PC lighting. I am off on Friday and Saturday. Shoot me a PM if you are willing to sell. Thank you.

SeahorseBT

cantact olivert00 she has a bunch of frogspawn and some other goodies it id worth the trip to see her 255 gallon tank.

einsteins

Its looking to be a fun day...

PM me sometime maybe we can get together and see each others tanks.

DO you belong to G.I.R.S. ?

einsteins

novanosis

If anyone wants a flowerpot Coral, I will gladly give it to you as a trade. I am not asking for anything expensive frag or two is great. I really dont want to keep this coral since I did research seems they can die in the long run. Maybe someone with more experience can take it.

Just PM if you are interested. Thank you

sandyc

I just found this thread and want to say hello to fellow Chicago Area reefers. I live in Berkeley which is a suburb of Chicago.

sandyc

Hi Sandyc!
Im glad you said hello!.
So do you have a favorite LFS?

We (my husband is a reefer too - he got me started) go to many LFS but have a couple of favorites. If we want to stay close to home we go to Tropiaquatics in Lombard. We are club members so equipment and salt are good prices. Also, it is nice to be close to home in Jan and Feb.

Another store we like to go to when looking for frags (we like to buy propagated when possible) is Ocean Design Aquarium in Chicago. A couple of the employees are very knowledgeable. There is a young blonde girl that has been very helpful and doesn't hesitate to tell you when you are making a mistake. I appreciate being told I am making a mistake before I make it. Also, she remembers what kind of tank my husband has (sps) and what kind of tank I have (softies) and makes suggestions without our asking. Last time my husband was there by himself she showed him something and told him "This would be great for your wife’s tank".

Lately we have been looking through web forums for stores that we don't know about and taking a ride to check them out. Some have been good some not so good. Either way it is a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon together.

einsteins

Hi again everyone...

We now have our event website up....Please check it out.
The event is shaping up very nicely, Hope you come by.

GIRS Fall Fest 2008

The Greater Iowa Reef Society presents Fall Fest 2008! This year's festivities will be held at the Isle of Capri Convention Center in Bettendorf, IA on November 15, 2008. Show hours are 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We are featuring nationally and internationally renowned speakers, free giveaways, raffle prizes, fragging demos and frag sales from vendors and hobbyists.

Speakers include the following:
- Anthony Calfo
- Adam Cesnales
- Rod Buehler
- Reef Nutrition

Raffle prizes:
- Synthetic salt
- Powerheads
- Protein skimmers
- Lighting
- Complete nano tank
- UV sterilizer
- Reef additives
- Gift certificates

For more information regarding admission prices, pre-registration discounts, sponsors, directions etc, please visit our event promotion page at Fall Fest 2008 As always, feel free to contact us with any questions at board@greateriowareefsociety.org Hope to see you there!

jski711

any of you chicago reefers looking for some sps LMK. i have a bunch i'm trying to get rid of. im just trying to cut down on some maintance so some of my sps must go. i also might have a calcium reactor FS. im in arlington heights. you can check my home page for some pictures. not everything is FS though. thanks,

Jake

jski711

i've got a bunch of sps for sale people. Just shoot me a pm LMK if ur interested. thanks, oh and GO BEARS!

Jake

SeahorseBT

I just picked up some frags from jski711 and he has awesome stuff! Everything was very bright and healthy. His frags were very generous. I would highly reccomend stopping by. I will post pics tomorrow of the frags I got.I will be going back when I can make some space.

A++ seller.

SeahorseBT

Here are the pics as promised..I need to change my bulbs though so they look a little duller then they should look with new bulbs. I am replacing them this week.
Tanks183.jpg

Tanks187.jpg

Tanks184.jpg

Tanks185.jpg

Tanks188.jpg

einsteins

Hi Chi Yown reefers...

We have updated our event and pricing due to the economic conditions...
This looks to be a great day of Reef oriented activities.

You're invited to join us for a day dedicated to the hobby of reef keeping. Hear presentations from industry experts, view coral fragging and mounting demonstrations and buy, sell or trade corals & equipment.

DON'T MISS OUR
BIG PRIZE RAFFLE!
Featuring TOP NAME products from industry leading vendors. Visit our website for the latest list of items to be raffled.

$10 Attendee Admission
$15 Admission w/Speaker Pass*
$30 Seller Admission w/Speaker Pass*

* Price reflects $5 Pre-Registration Discount.

Children under 18 admitted for free if accompanied by a paying adult. Spouses of paying attendees/sellers eligible for discount admission.

Seller admission includes speaker pass, generous table space, 25 gallons of pre-mixed saltwater provided by CaribSea & 5 raffle tickets Additional saltwater is available upon request.

Please check out the event website for more information....
Fall Fest 2008

THanks for looking...and I look forward to seeing you at the event!

einsteins

catran

Hey everybody! I'm in Elk Grove now, but still have a condo in Lakeview. Where in the heck did this thread come from? Gonna try chicagoreefs.com right now!