chemical warfare

BoomerD

Originally Posted by BoomerD
Instead of those nasty chemicals, why not just bring home some prison food, and use it on the aiptasias? THAT stuff will kill anything!

Woodstock said:
...is that experience speaking? :bugout:
:lol:

Well....um...COULD BE! :angel4:

Witfull said:
ok,,,but i was going to take you to dinner~

So, how's the house "wine"? Every facility like yours has it's own "special brew"...some are pretty good...others will make you go blind quickly...

Witfull said:
well,,,since you asked,,,,my next question is concerning shape charges and fragging-practical application of technology?

ooooh, Dupont Spinners!!
a_explosion2.gif

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Yo get caught with HNB Mike and you will be in jail for a realllllllllllly long time :D

HNB =C6N6O12 (1,2,3,4,5,6-hexanitrobenzene)

VOD = 30,643 ft /s

pCj = 43 GPa ( 430 Kb, 6,236,622 psi)

TMD = 2.01 g/cm ^3

mps9506, now on the ATF Watch List ;)

Jit

That is really an improper name for Water, suppose to be Hydrogen Oxide

lcstorc

LOL
Was that English?
Hmm may be time for me to go back to school if I want a reef tank. Never was any good at Chemistry.
:)

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hummm... sounds like HNB is very volitile? Ohhh Mikey, are you getting bored with reefing? LOL~

boozeman

I was watching a program where groups of people built sandcastles and the loser would get theirs blown up!!
maybe we could do something similar..can submit pictures and the reefer with the most aiptasia would get their tank blown up by boomer!!!

Warnberg

You guys probably shouldn't kid, someone might actually think you are serious and dump some wild chemical in their tank and then ask why everything is floating... remember we are in a society where they actually have to put warning labels on hot coffee....

reefjitsu

dhmobanner.gif

That is really an improper name for Water, suppose to be Hydrogen Oxide
I am well aware of the issues that some chemists have with the term, though some say water is an improper term also. To me Dihydrogen Monoxide is better as it tells exactly what is in the compound. I could go for dihydrogen oxide, but hydrogen oxide sounds like you are describing OH or hydroxide. Then there is hydrogen peroxide that should be called dihydrogen dioxide, but no, chemists have to come up with all these strange rules and forms. It makes keeping up with the rules for naming compounds harder than keeping up with all the archaic spelling and grammar rules for writing in English.
Most of all, I prefer DHMO because nobody knows I am talking about plain ole' water and thus they will fall for the link BoomerD posted.

Boomer

Dihydrogen oxide, yes me too

Dihydrogen Monoxide

Is a hoax name to scare people.

describing OH or hydroxide

It is at times called that, hydrogen hydroxide, HOH

Then there is hydrogen peroxide that should be called dihydrogen dioxide,

We have reasons for calling them what they are. No, it should not be called that :)

I might add that technically speaking water is not water/H20 most of the time:D Allot of it self ionizes to;

2 H2O ==> H3O+ + OH- and at times H30*(H20). This is what 100% pure water really is

And if there is any hydrolsis the you get stuff like
4 H2O ==> H5O2+ + H3O2-

say water is an improper term also

What does that name have to do with anything, it just means wet

Boomer

I like blowing stuff up but I'm not as good as I use to be :( At one time I was so good I could pack a bulls ass with just the right amount of explosives and blow off his flippin' horns without making his eyes water :D

Last edited: