Chemi pure placement

bryceK

I wasn't sure exactly where to ask this question so thought I would start here.
I want to use chemi pure but not sure where to place it.
1. In the built in overflow?
2. Just placed in the sump?
3. I am setting up an Aqufuge HOB regugium with protein skimmer but will not be using the skimmer so was thinking about placing in that chamber?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks for the help

bshady

in the past i always added everything into my sump. guess its more personal choice than anything

JulesVane

It is suggested to have water pass through it and not around it, which IS kinda' confusing. I have mine sitting on top of the eggcrate as the water enters my sump, basically using gravity in hopes that it goes down "through" it. Also, may I suggest using the Chemi-Pure Elite? For a few bucks more, I think it's worth it. I suppose the BEST way to use it is in a reactor of sorts to force water through it. I CAN see laying it in a sump, it will absorb excess nutrients, but not sure it's the best way to get the most benefit from it....Like I said, kinda' confusing.

bryceK

Thanks for all the help..I messed up yesterday with the chemi pure. I rinsed it before putting it in but apparantly not enough as I know have dark charcoal colored water. I have to figure out what to do now. All of my rock is covered in it.

WVUReefer

Personally I keep a Chemi Pure/GFO mix running in my Phos-Ban reactor...I notice a greater difference when the media is in a reactor compred to just sitting in water flow...

OHmariner

Thanks for all the help..I messed up yesterday with the chemi pure. I rinsed it before putting it in but apparently not enough as I know have dark charcoal colored water. I have to figure out what to do now. All of my rock is covered in it.

Do you have filter sock or anything to catch particle in the water? If you do, use a turkey baster and gently blow the dust off the rocks and let it go down the over-flow to the sump. IMO the best bet for you would be to use the chemi-pure in the sump with egg-crate like what was previously mentioned or use a reactor, I think a reactor would be a little tough since you cannot open the bag the chemi-pure comes in. I personally would shoot for the gravity method and find a way to have water going to the sump trickle through the chemi-pure bag.

I love chemi-pure, it works wonders on my tank. I use to be against using additives because of cost but now I think chemi-pure is to beneficial to go without.