Checking Back In

dwall174

Not new to the forum or the hobby! But do to my job & work keeping me away from home a lot I had to tare my system down almost two years ago.

Thanks to this Automotive mess-up we have here in Southeast MI. I now have more time than I know what to do with. No money but a lot of time!

Anyway I'm looking to set up another system & get back into the hobby, Beeing I been out of the hobby for awhile I figured I would see what's new out there.

StirCrayzy

welcome back doug ! I feel your pain, i too am a victim of automotive slowdown.
Most of the new tank ideas i found here are getting pushed way back.
but dreaming up ideas is part of the fun too.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:welcomera BACK to reefsanctuary
745.gif

smkndrgn142

Welcome back! In this hobby, new things are always being tried...so much changes and so much stays the same. There are tanks out there that are 30 years old and haven't changed much in all that time, some use all the latest tech. Some tanks are simple, some are complex...it's all about finding what works for you and what you want to keep. I'm sure what you had, with a little work will build you an awesome reef! I've found that even just a little movement in a tank makes so much difference.

StirCrayzy

I second that Ace.... Dwall, that is a work of art.
when you say you had to tear it down, how far down ?

dwall174

Welcome back. I checked your setup from link in above post, looks like it was sweet!

Thanks! I have some more pics of the tank it self but their on floppy discs & my new computer (laptop) doesn't have a floppy drive. Next time I get over to my brothers house I'm going to have him transfer all my floppy discs to DVD.

I second that Ace.... Dwall, that is a work of art.
when you say you had to tear it down, how far down ?

Thanks! I orignaly planed to sell just the livestock & keep the equipment, But I was made an offer on the whole system and sold it. I did keep the RO/DI unit, TDS tester, Refractometer, 24" CF light strip & a 35gal. tank just in case!

Last time everything was down stairs in the basement,This time I'm going to make a custom cabinet to hold all the equipment. Hopfully if I do a good enough job I can get the ok to put it up stairs.