Check out what my carpet nem did

sirrealism

So i have a couple carpet nems and a pair of saddle back clowns. My clowns are not small. Female is about 3.5" and male just under 3". They love there one carpet more then the others. They love it so much I think the carpet said enough. Mind you the female is still all in the carpet

I tried to pull it out but there was no way. He was gone

sirrealism

ya most people dont know that a nem will eat a clown if it wants to. Funny thing is they had been together for over a year

sirrealism

Yes the carpet eat both of the clowns over a month. Now several months later the tank is fishless yet doing very well. I feed the carpet once a week 2 large deli shrimp. Some times I will feed it some flounder or other raw fish that we are eating. There is no way this carpet is not getting enough food and I believe the 2 clowns were healthy but who knows. I will wait till some one from my reef club or a friend needs to home a saddle back, Clarki, or another clown that is large and needs a new home. I will try again.

Tokalosh

I learnt the hard way with mine as well. I had to return it to my LFS after it demolished both my large yellow and powder blue tangs.

Tok

Snelly40

oh wow ive never seen this... sorry bro!! I was leaning towards maybe one was sick, but it got both of them so like you said maybe it just said ok enough already haha... can a clown buff a nem so much that it actually somehow reduces it's own "slime coat" and the nem sees it as a regular fish?

sirrealism

Good question that I dont have an answer for. This carpet had eaten other fish before which is why there was just the 2 clowns in the tank. As I said they had been with the carpet for over a year so I have no idea why it did it. Could the clowns be sick? Maybe but they never showed any signs of it.