Check Out These Pictures Of My Tank!!!!!

Full Tank Shot from side
IMG_0155.jpg

Clownfish Coral Background
IMG_0145.jpg

Front of tank, Full tank shot
IMG_0125.jpg

Im looking at myself!
IMG_0111.jpg

Neon Green Eye Favia
IMG_0091.jpg

Radiant Wrasse
IMG_0085.jpg

Lunar Eclipse
IMG_0083.jpg

Not sure what these are? Name anyone?
IMG_0075.jpg

Pajama Cardinal Mu-Shi
IMG_0072.jpg

Blue Dot Rhodactis
IMG_0064.jpg

Pajama Cardinal Focus......Radiant Inner.
IMG_0056.jpg

Nuclear Greens / Forgot what the others are called but got them from Zoagirl/Speargun (thanks guys)! Left Green Slimer, Im not sure what this is on the right? Anyone know?
IMG_0052.jpg

13+ head Lobo
IMG_0051.jpg

Orange Crush Acan Echinata.....I know, I know, the green is there the lights are fading it out, I need 20ks!!!!!!!
IMG_0049.jpg

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TYPE OF ALGAE THIS IS? It grows like a weed!!!! Just popped out of the rocks and now is growing like crazy!
IMG_0046.jpg

Purple Short tenticle Plate
IMG_0043.jpg

Christmas Tree Favia
IMG_0040.jpg

Blue Chromis Open Water
IMG_0036.jpg

Banana, My Yellow Tang with coral background!
IMG_0035.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed these...! I will now be posting more photos as the days go on.

Photo Specs:

Camera- Canon T1i
Lens- Stock Canon 18-55mm IS
White Balance- Auto (For now)
Camera Dial Setting- AV

DaveK

You have a very good system as far as the quality and selection of the livestock goes. Nothing wrong there.

I do have one small criticism. Please that this is the way I intend it. In other words, I want you to take your very good tank and turn it into something really exceptional.

I feel the aquascaping of your tank could be a lot better. Take a look at the full tank shots, and note how the rock work just looks looks like an even rock wall from one side of the tank to the other. I would redo the rock work and coral so that the tank has some high and low spots, with some open areas, and break out the wall look.

seafansar

Looks nice, but man you've got a flatworm problem there! I've been in the same boat. If you've noticed your corals not doing so good or losing color, especially zoas or palys, it's the flatworms. Start siphoning out as many as possible for a couple of weeks then treat with flatworm exit. Have a lot of carbon and extra saltwater made up. I didn't siphon out as many as I should have and lost a few corals and a fish when I treated. But afterward everything looked much better.

tektite

Very cool pics, love the algae (kinda partial to macros :) )

First guess would be maybe a type of Gracillaria? The orangish tips are different though. Can you get a closer shot?

Thanks for the imput guys. I really appreciate it, ya Seafan the dang flatworms are literally having me pull my hair out!!!! All my corals are fading and I could not figure out why for the longest time! I thought it was the light bulb color. They are Two 250w 14k hamilton bulbs, with hamilton Cayman sun fixtures/ballasts.

MACRO SHOTS!!! Check Out These Pictures Of My Tank!!!!!

Green Zoas
IMG_0580.jpg

Lunar Eclipse Zoas
IMG_0582.jpg

Christmas Favia
IMG_0585.jpg

Pink Algae Bloom
IMG_0586.jpg

Orange Ric
IMG_0590.jpg

Green Star Polyps
IMG_0593.jpg

Purple Plate Coral
IMG_0596.jpg

Yellow Polyps
IMG_0605.jpg

Short Tenicle Leather
IMG_0606.jpg

Yellow Tang
IMG_0607.jpg

Bangii Cardinal
IMG_0610.jpg

Green Slimer
IMG_0613.jpg

Orange Crush ACAN
IMG_0615.jpg

Moon Favia
IMG_0616.jpg

Yellow Leather
IMG_0620.jpg

Orange Lobo
IMG_0627.jpg

Yellow Tang
IMG_0633.jpg

Not Sure what these are....? Any Ideas?
IMG_0635.jpg

L.A. Lakers
IMG_0637.jpg

Yellow Polyps
IMG_0638.jpg

Christmas Favia
IMG_0639.jpg

Green Palys
IMG_0648.jpg

Hope you enjoy them!

seafansar

Those LA lakers are really cool! The things in the one picture are hydroids. They can be a pain. Sometimes they will spread out and sting you corals. I have some in my tank, but they haven't spread that much.

I feel ya about the flatworms. I hate those things with a passion! Oh and don't waste your money on those nudibranchs that eat them. I did and they just disappeared or went through a powerhead. Some wrasses will eat them, so I've read, but my radiant, six line, red headed fairy wrasse, and pencil wrasse never did. Neither did my mandarin, but I think my orchid pseudochromis did. But it wasn't enough to make much of a dent in the fw population.

Nice pictures BTW!

Those LA lakers are really cool! The things in the one picture are hydroids. They can be a pain. Sometimes they will spread out and sting you corals. I have some in my tank, but they haven't spread that much.

I feel ya about the flatworms. I hate those things with a passion! Oh and don't waste your money on those nudibranchs that eat them. I did and they just disappeared or went through a powerhead. Some wrasses will eat them, so I've read, but my radiant, six line, red headed fairy wrasse, and pencil wrasse never did. Neither did my mandarin, but I think my orchid pseudochromis did. But it wasn't enough to make much of a dent in the fw population.

Nice pictures BTW!

Sea,

I have a Radiant wrasse in there and he doesn't seem to eat them unless they happen to be floating around. I has the ability to make a dent in them, however, he would probably also start picking at my corals, I have heard that you can dose Kalkwasser and that will help with flatworms? I am not sure if that is true or not, but someone on socalireefs was talking about it.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures, I shot those without using a tripod. If I had one they would be even more clear, as holding the camera gives in to camera shake as you try and press the shutter button. I am just battling the flatworms and the little asteria? starfish at the moment. What I really need to do is get rid of my 75g. Dip everything and move up to a 150g system. A 120 (48x24x24) and a sump underneath. Right now my tank doesn't have a sump, it works similar to a nano cube except more efficiently.

As for the LA Lakers, I traded someone the purple tang that I was offering for sale. I gave him the purple tang and he gave me 14 heads of LA Lakers. Not a bad trade as far as I am concerned.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Tank looks SWEET!!

Keep an eye on the "Yellow Button Polyps". They tend to go WILD when they get happy. Mine went from 4 polyps to 4,345,876,345 in about a year and half LOL!

seafansar

LOL. Good excuse to upgrade! I treated my tank with FWE, but there still were a few left. I moved and dipped all my rock and soft corals in freshwater for at least 10 mins and all my LPS and SPS in iodine solution for at least 15 mins and then dipped them all in FWE solution for 30 mins, before putting them in the new tank. So far I haven't seen anymore flatworms!

That sounds like a good trade to me!

Tank looks SWEET!!

Keep an eye on the "Yellow Button Polyps". They tend to go WILD when they get happy. Mine went from 4 polyps to 4,345,876,345 in about a year and half LOL!

I wish, it seems that mine will start doing well and then all of a sudden they will begin dying off. As you can see from the picture. This rock when I got it originally was completely covered. Then they all died off and now they are slowly starting to come back.