chalice types how close

theDeedo

Bumping an old post here, but this is something I am interested in knowing as well.

How close have you guys been able to put your chalices together without any problems? It would be neat to start a little chalice garden, and chalices are one of my fav corals, but Im wondering if they will grow in close quarters together safely.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
chalices can grow to feet in diameter, I grew a one inch frag to a dinner plate size... so it really just trying to plan... or be ready to start fraging ... is my guess... when they grow over huge rocks, make it a bit difficult.... hope this helps - maybe some other members can advise

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If they touch other corals, in general, depending on the coral touching, one will win... is what I think will happen, normal reef progression in nature and our tanks.

Anyone else have any feedback or insight?

theDeedo

I appologize...It was like 2am when I wrote that. I ment be put in close touching distance of other chalices. Can they live together as neihbors or will one chalice kill the other eventually?

reeferman

some will,some wont.depends on the chalice involved really.most are peaceful among other chalice but some extend long sweepers at night.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ Reggie's post above

I have seen a few intermingle & I have seen sellers frag two colors together touching & sell them...